Turkish Borek. Börek (Turkish pronunciation: [bœˈɾec]; also burek and other variants) is a family of baked filled pastries made of a thin The word börek comes from Turkish and refers to any dish made with yufka. Here we are with another Turkish borek recipe! This time it's full with feta cheese and parsley mixture and garnished black cumins.
Turkish Borek with Cheese and Herbs is the best savory pie you can ever have in your life time. Filled with a mixture of cheese and herbs, this Turkish dish borek is a wonderful vegetarian snack too. Crispy baked Turkish Borek (Vegan Spinach Rolls) are quick & easy to prepare and make a great finger food! You can have Turkish Borek using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkish Borek
- It’s 2 of Phyllo Sheets.
- Prepare 1 cup of Feta Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter melted.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Coriander chop.
- You need 2 of Egg yolks.
- Prepare 1-2 of Green Chillies.
- You need Pinch of Salt.
- It’s of For Basting.
- You need 1 of Egg yolk.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Butter melted.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sesame seeds.
You can fill them with different fillings, such as spinach and feta or cashew and tomato. See more ideas about Turkish recipes, Middle eastern recipes, Cooking recipes. Turkish borek is one of the many foods you should try in Turkey. We loved it so much, we included a the best borek recipe to make at home.
Turkish Borek instructions
- Take 2 egg yolks only in a bowl.beat them.add milk & whisk.add melted butter & whisk well.
- I have taken feta cheese or white cheese.make crumbs of which will help in well mixing in better.add feta cheese in eggs batter.add chop coriander & very fine chop green chilli.traditionaly chillies are not added in borek yet I hv added for our flavours..
- Whisk very well so that there should be no crumbs of cheese left.add a pinch of salt.as feta cheese is already salted so plx take care while adding salt..
- I have taken 2 phyllo sheets. Make pieces of 1 sheet & add in batter. Let them get soaked in batter..
- Grease a baking tray with melted butter.pour batter in tray. Take other phyllo sheet & cut in 2-3 portions. Spread these portions over batter roughly.no need to press them or straight them. The rough curls of phyllo will add to beauty of borek..
- For basting,mix 1 egg yolk with 1 tbsp melted butter well. Baste this eggwash over phyllo sheet gently. Sprinkle sesame seeds..
- Place the tray in preheated oven at 180°c for 25-30 min.check in between.you can check the golden crisps from sides or bottom.give top heat for 2-3 min only to give colour from top.hot crispy from top soft from inside borek is ready to serve.
- Enjoy this beautiful turkish delight at Iftar & praise to AllahSWT..
You will use this mixture between every two or three layers of the pastry and on top of the borek. Making Turkish borek is easy but a bit time consuming. Borek is more than just a simple Turkish dish. It's a way of life, it's meant to be eaten any time of the day when you. Download Turkish borek stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.