Turkish style Spinach and Cheese Borek.
You can cook Turkish style Spinach and Cheese Borek using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkish style Spinach and Cheese Borek
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 500 grams of spinach.
- You need 200 mls of milk (semi skimmed or whole).
- It’s of 100 grams grated mozarella.
- It’s 100 grams of grated cheddar.
- You need 7 of Filo pastry sheets.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
Turkish style Spinach and Cheese Borek step by step
- Use a wide-base pan to wilt the washed spinach. Add a pinch of salt..
- Crack open 4 eggs into a bowl. Add the milk, pinch of salt and pepper and mix. Place the 2 grated cheese in a separate bowl..
- Add a drizzle of vegetable oil to a large baking tray (ideally a pyrex glass tray) and spread it evenly with a brush, including the sides of the tray to avoid the pastry from sticking. Then place 2 sheets of filo pastry so that it is partially hanging out from the sides of the tray..
- Put enough egg-milk mixture onto the filo pastry to cover it and spread it out evenly..
- Then place wilted spinach evenly, followed by grated cheese.
- Fold the sides of the filo pastry..
- Place 2 new filo sheets on top and repeat the steps 4-6. I usually do 3 layers in total. Save a small amount of the egg-milk mixture for the very top layer..
- When you reach the last layer, fold the sides and then place a single filo sheet on top to cover it. Add small amount of egg-milk mixture on top to wet the sheet. This will protect it from burning..
- Place the tray into a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 35-40 minutes until top layer is golden and the pastry has fully cooked top and bottom. Serve in pieces of rectangles..