Turkish pide. 'Pide'; flat bread with ground beef and vegetable fillings on top, is a delicious and popular fast food of Turkish Cuisine. You can find this delicious food almost in every corner of Turkish streets. Turkish Pide (aka pizza) is a Turkish comfort food favorite!
The İçli pide, meaning 'stuffed' or 'garnished pide', which is the recipe presented here, and the pide ekmeği ('pide bread'), which is a flat bread, thicker than the İçli pide. Turkish Pide Recipe with Homemade Hummus. Whenever I make the Turkish Pide bread, I also make my quick homemade hummus. You can have Turkish pide using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkish pide
- It’s 6 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- You need 1 cup of warm milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of instant yeast.
- You need 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 500 gms of minced chicken.
- It’s 1 of big onion.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 3-4 cloves of Garlic cloves.
- Prepare 3-4 of chillies.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 200 gms of Cheese.
Then, before diving into the Pide I squeeze huge amounts of lemon over the bread, slather hummus over the top, and plonk a fistful of chopped parsley on top. Try making your own homemade Turkish Pide bread and us you think. Pide is a type of Middle Eastern flat bread. We filled this Turkish pide recipe with beef, mint and tomato paste for a filling start to your day.
Turkish pide instructions
- For the pide. Mix flour, sugar, yeast, water, milk, salt and olive oil. Knead it into a smooth dough and let it rise for one hour..
- For the filling: In a pan add oil, chopped onions. Once the onions are soft add chopped garlic, chillies and minced chicken. Let it cook for 5 mins. Then add chopped tomatoes and salt, saute it till chicken is cooked..
- Once the mixture is cooled add in oregano one tsp and chilli flakes ones tsp..
- Now take a small ball of dough and roll it in a long shape like you make for naan put the filling in the center and top it up with cheese..
- Pinch and seal both the edges as you see in the above picture..
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 mins @200°C. Once done brush butter on it..
Turkish pide background: Step by step photos: Frequently asked questions: Turkish Bread: Pide Recipe Card; Turkish pide background: There are also regional differences. Similar dishes to pide can be found throughout Central Asia, the Middle East and Eastern Europe. It would be similar to pizza when comparing Turkish cuisine to dishes from other. Apart from that, however, just knocking up some homemade Turkish pide as a lunchtime treat or to share with friends – that's going to become a common occurrence in our house. In Turkey, pide is a flatbread and there are many different types.