Pogaca (Turkish biscuit). It is easy to make soft Turkish pogaca recipe at home. One of the best Turkish pastries with cheese, olives or potatoes. Written by. 'Poğaça' has the tender texture of a baking powder biscuit, and is often stuffed with delectable fillings like black olives, olive paste, Feta, spiced ground.
Important thing about this pasties is. 'Poğaça' is small traditional savory pastries in Turkey that usually preferred for breakfasts. I don't know who gave that name but I was using that name too. Pogača (Croatian and Bosnian), poğaça (Turkish), pogácsa (Hungarian), pogace (Romanian), (Greek: μπουγάτσα 'bughátsa', Macedonian, Serbian and Bulgarian: погача, Albanian: pogaçe) is a type of bread baked in the ashes of the fireplace, and later on in the oven, similar to focaccia. You can have Pogaca (Turkish biscuit) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pogaca (Turkish biscuit)
- You need 100 grams of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain yogurt.
- You need 6 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 each of egg.
- Prepare 1 each of egg yolk.
Peynirli pogaca; Turkish savory treat with white cheese and parsley; great for breakfast or as a snack. I love the savoury pastries Peynirli pogaca, Turkish savory pastry with cheese & parsley, ready to eat! Turkish pogacha is a famous savory pastry made with fresh or yeast and, filled with Turkish white cheese. See more ideas about Pogaca recipe, Turkish recipes, Recipes.
Pogaca (Turkish biscuit) instructions
- In a large bowl mix first seven ingredients together. Work them with your hand until you have a soft dough. Do not overdo it..
- Put the dough in a plastic wrap and then in the fridge for at least 1 hr. I usually leave it overnight..
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350ºF/ 176ºC. In the meantime line a baking tray with baking paper..
- Take a plum size piece from the dough, roll it in your hands a few times giving it a ball shape. Depending on the size, there should be 16 to 20 pogaca (biscuits)..
- Use the egg yolk to brush the tops of the pogaca..
- Leave in the oven for about 20 minutes. Once done, let cool for 5 min and enjoy!.
Turkish Easy Cheese Buns – Peynirli Kolay Pogaca Recipe I must admit that I can't imagine living in a world without Turkish buns. Turkish women that are house wives often join regular tea parties with their neighbours. We're temporarily adjusting store hours to create more time to clean and restock shelves. Poğaças are served as mezze, the Turkish or Middle Eastern equivalent to the Spanish tapas, that Nutrition Facts. Poğaças – Turkish Cheese Filled Pastries.