Turkish Sesame Bagel (Simit).
You can cook Turkish Sesame Bagel (Simit) using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkish Sesame Bagel (Simit)
- It’s 2 packages of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 piece of eggs.
- You need 5 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of sesame.
- It’s 2 tbsp of molasses.
Turkish Sesame Bagel (Simit) instructions
- Mix the milk and the water, and warm it a bit..
- Add the yeast slowly while stirring the mixture..
- Add the eggs to the mixture and mix it very well. Wait for five minutes after you are done..
- Add the salt and dissolve the salt in the mixture..
- Add the flour while stirring. You may need to add more flour and stir longer until the dough gets bouncy and stops sticking to your hand..
- Put the dough in a container and cover the top (you can use a pot), and wait for 30 mins..
- While waiting for the dough, fry the sesame in a pan in a mid-heat. No need to use oil in this step..
- When dough is ready, cut pieces in the size of orange. Shape them like a cylinder and merge the ends to make a tire-like shape. It should be skinnier than bagel, please see the photo at the top for an example..
- Mix molasses with 3/4 glass of water..
- Using a brush, cover each pieces of dough with molasses sauce..
- Put the sauced dough into sesame pan and flip the dough to make sure it is covered by sesame completely..
- Preheat the oven to 400 for 12 mins..
- Place the doughs to the oven tray as shown in the picture. Use aluminum foil..
- Cook it for 20 mins in 400°F. Enjoy your simit..