You can cook Turkish Couscous using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkish Couscous
- You need 1 cup of instant couscous.
- You need 1 cup of stock of your choice or water.
- It’s 3 of purple onions.
- Prepare 1 of green onion.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of good quality olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of paprika.
- Prepare 1 of cayenne pepper or chilli flakes.
Turkish Couscous step by step
- Put your couscous and water in a microwave safe bowl, microwaving for 1min30 or until most of the liquid is absorbed, then take it out and cover it with a plate. Alternatively, you can cook the couscous on the stove.
- Set couscous aside. Meanwhile, heat some oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add chilli flakes. Fry for 30 seconds then add onions (don't add the green onion yet).
- When onions are translucent and slightly browned, add garlic. Then add paprika, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked couscous, fry for a few seconds then take off heat, drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and garnish with fresh parsley and green onions. Enjoy :).