Turkish Red Cabbage Salad. Wash, drain and place in a service plate. Pour the sauce on top and mix well. This salad will taste even better if you let it rest for another half hour.
It works particularly well with fried meat, and of course with anything. Colorful, crisp red cabbage is tossed with a delightful oil and vinegar dressing. Place the cabbage in a large glass bowl. You can cook Turkish Red Cabbage Salad using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkish Red Cabbage Salad
- Prepare of For the salad:.
- You need 1/2 of small red cabbage, cored and very finely sliced.
- Prepare 1 of large tomato, chopped into small cubes.
- You need 1/4 of cucumber, a couple of strips shaved with a veg peeler, then quartered lengthways and thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot, coarsley grated.
- You need 1 of small red onion, peeled, halved and finely sliced.
- You need 1 of small bunch parsley, half finely chopped and the other half roughly chopped.
- It’s of For the dressing:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of red wine vinegar (add 2, then taste to see if it needs a little more.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried mint.
- Prepare of Good pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 of heaped tsp sumac.
Pour dressing over cabbage, and toss to coat. Purple Cabbage Salad Recipe Red Cabbage Coleslaw Pickled Red Cabbage Cabbage Salad Recipes Cooking Recipes Healthy Recipes Healthy Turkish Lamb Pide. 'Pide' sounds like a fancy word,isn't it ? Well this is nothing but a kind of Turkish pizza. Along with other different varieties of. red cabbage salad with freshly chopped dill.
Turkish Red Cabbage Salad step by step
- In a small jug, stir all the dressing ingredients together (except for the sumac) and leave to one side..
- In a large bowl or plate, pile up the sliced red cabbage and using your hands, mix in some of the finely chopped parsley..
- In a separate bowl, gently mix together the carrot, tomatoes, onion and cucumber. Then add this to the top of the red cabbage pile..
- Pour over the dressing (mainly around the red cabbage) and a little over the top. Refrigerate for an hour before serving..
- To serve, sprinkle the salad with the sumac and the roughly chopped parsley..
- Add some additional cucumber slices and lemon quarters for decoration (optional)..
How do you like the look of that? Doesn't it look fresh, healthy and just plain appetising? I find that this salad goes down well with friends and family alike. It's great with fish and meat dishes too. We've posted before about the Turkish love of pickled vegetables & pickled red cabbage is a favourite.