Turkish Style Green Lentils.
You can have Turkish Style Green Lentils using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkish Style Green Lentils
- It’s 1 lb (454 gr) of dry green lentils ( I used Goya brand).
- You need 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of Finely Chopped carrots.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 cup of Low sodium Chicken broth.
- It’s of Water.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Dry mint.
- You need 1 tbsp of Tomato paste.
Turkish Style Green Lentils step by step
- Wash your lentils, soak in hot water until you finish with onion and carrots.
- Chop your onion , heat 1 spoon oil in a deep pot, stir until onion until change its color, add one spoon of tomato paste, stir..
- Add your carrot continue stirring, add lentils, about 3 minutes.
- Add your broth, boil some water in a kettle, add water until over lentils, ( reserve some water in kettle we may need more water later , ) add your salt and pepper and mint, stir . take a spoon and taste, if you need more salt add more..
- You let lentils boil , until soften, about 20 minutes, in this point you may taste , to check tenderness . If soft and need some water add more. After that You are done!.