Turkish Spinach Stew.
You can have Turkish Spinach Stew using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkish Spinach Stew
- Prepare 2 lbs of spinach.
- It’s 1 lb of minced beef (optional).
- It’s 1/2 can of canned cubed tomatoes.
- You need 10 of cherry tomatoes (some halved, some full).
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper, cumin.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of rice, washed (optional).
Turkish Spinach Stew step by step
- Wash the spinach really well! Spinach holds a lot of soil. Boil water in the kettle..
- Finely chop the onions and mince the garlic..
- Cover the bottom of a medium saucepot with olive oil (1 finger high). Cook the onions until they're translucent and the garlic over medium/high heat. You don't want these too be raw and overpower the spinach..
- Season the onions and garlic well with salt, pepper and a little bit of cumin (optional)..
- Add the minced meat into the pot and cook. You want the pot to be hot enough that the meat caramelizes. This adds a layer of flavor..
- Once the meat cooks, add the spinach into the pot and toss stuff around a while. Make sure everyone gets time to cook. In 2-3 minutes, add the tomatoes. Toss everyone again..
- Add the rice and a cup of boiling water. Adjust amount of water, but keep in mind that spinach releases a lot of water as it cooks!.
- Turn down the heat to med/low, cover the pot, and cook until everything comes together. Approx 20 minutes..
- Serve with some greek yogurt!! :).