Must-try Eggplant Dolma. Have you ever had stuffed dried eggplants or peppers, kuru patlican ve biber dolmasi, in Turkey? Or ever wondered what to do with those dried eggplants… I hope you can get some of these dried peppers and eggplants and enjoy these delicious dolmas. This dried eggplant dolma recipe is a specialty of Somer's mother.
I've tried, believe me, I've tried, in about ten thousand different recipes. Home Main Dishes Main Dish Recipes Eggplant Dolma (Stuffed Eggplant) Recipe. Stuff the filling inside the eggplants without pressing, Place a slice of tomatoe on top of each, Place the dolmas into a pan While dolma in the U. You can cook Must-try Eggplant Dolma using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Must-try Eggplant Dolma
- It’s 1 kg of small eggplants.
- Prepare of Stuffing:.
- Prepare 400 g of ground meat.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of tomato, grated.
- You need of pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of Sauce:.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of green peppers, finely chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need of vegetable oil.
S. often refers to stuffed grape leaves, the term is much broader in the Balkans, referring to a variety of meat- or rice-stuffed Punjeni Patlidzani (Stuffed Eggplant). Be sure to try it some time! Rolled Aubergine or Eggplant Dolma makes for an excellent appetizer or lunch. It is a little time consuming to make, but believe me the taste is well worth it.
Must-try Eggplant Dolma instructions
- Cut out the green top of the eggplants..
- To facilitate removing the inside of the eggplant, place on a flat surface and roll it with your hand back and forth while applying a little pressure..
- When the eggplants are soft, pierce them and remove the insides, while maintaining the outer layer intact. Fry the pierced eggplants and save the insides for later..
- To prepare the stuffing, fry the onion in vegetable oil until soft then add in the meat, pepper and salt. Cook until meat turns brown..
- Fill the eggplants with the stuffing and don't overfill them..
- To prepare the sauce, fry the onion, garlic and green pepper in the vegetable oil until soft, then add in the tomato paste and the insides of the eggplants along with half a cup of water, stir a little bit..
- Add the stuffed eggplant to the sauce and leave to cook for 15-20 minutes..
- Serve with vermicelli rice..
Thank you for introducing this recipe. Beata, Poland In Poland we boil cabbage leaves shortly, then put mincemeat (with already boiled! rice) Safar, Azerbaijan It is really a delicios dish and in Azerbaijan we have the same it called "Dolma". It is Turkish dish and the translate of dolma means. Middle Eastern vegetarian dolma or stuffed vegetables: peppers, aubergines (eggplant) and onions, a DOLMA can refer to stuffed vegetables like peppers, onions, aubergines (eggplant), courgettes, tomatoes, but also to Imagine very large families, they must cook enough to feed an entire army! Place dolmas side by side in a wide pot.