Turkish lentil soup. In this video we are going to show you how to make traditional very delicious turkish lentil soup! It's a very popular soup recipe in Turkey. Our trip to Istanbul this past autumn was hands-down one of the most delicious trips of my life.
Place the red lentils in a colandar and rinse. Sift through to remove and debris or damaged beans. Turkish Red Lentil Soup. by: ieatthepeach. You can have Turkish lentil soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkish lentil soup
- Prepare 1 medium of onion.
- You need 1 large of potato.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salcha.
- Prepare 150 grams of red lentils.
- It’s 1 of beef stock cube.
- You need 1 of seasoning black pepper and salt to your taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 pinch of pepper flakes.
- You need 1 of enough hot water to cover.
- It’s 1 of if you dont have salcha which is pepper paste just use tomato paste and add a small bit more chilli.
My parents traveled to Istanbul a few years ago, and couldn't stop talking about the lentil soup they had there. Turkish red lentil soup is undoubtedly one of the most frequently made soups in our house. More so in fall, when our palates demand foods more comforting and warming. Lentil soup is a soup based on lentils; it may be vegetarian or include meat, and may use brown, red, yellow or black lentils, with or without the husk.
Turkish lentil soup instructions
- in a pot place add the oil then chopped onion. at a medium heat sautee them and add salcha chopped carrots and chopped potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes. add the washed and drained red lentils, seasoning and hot water and stock cube. stir well. cook on a low heat for 30-45 minutes..
- at the end add pepper and chilli flakes and butter and mix in..
- take pot off the heat and blend with a soup blender until smooth..
- my husband squeezes lemon over it when eating i personally dont but add if its to your taste. ENJOY.
Turkish red lentil soup or mercimek çorbası (meyr-ju-MEK' chor-BAH- su') is a popular hearty soup, especially during the winter months. The main ingredients of this delicious soup are red lentils, flour, butter, onion, carrot and potato. Children love the Turkish soup and it' s also vegan. Recipe for Turkish Red Lentil Soup made with red lentils (masoor dal) and veggies. Add garlic, chili, tomatoes, bell pepper, carrot, potato, some of the ground paprika, and lentils.