Armenian dolma (tolma). When you visit Armenia, dolma should surely be on your list of dishes to taste. Dolma (or sometimes written "tolma") is considered to be "the most Armenian dish'' by many people. Dolma is a very popular traditional Armenian dish.
Grape leaves dolma is a very respectable dish in Armenian families. Armenian housewives usually decorate New Year festive tables with this dish, serving to special guests. Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe – Summertime Tolma Dolma Recipe. You can cook Armenian dolma (tolma) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Armenian dolma (tolma)
- It’s 1 kg of beef.
- You need 50 grams of rice.
- Prepare 2 large of onion.
- Prepare 1 bunch of coriander greens.
- It’s 5 of basil.
- Prepare 1 of rosemarin.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of red and black pepper.
- You need 1/2 kg of grape leaves.
Dolma (Tolma) is a traditional Armenian dish the name of which comes from the Armenian word "Toli" which means the grapevine. Dolma consists of ground spiced lamb meat full of rice and different. The Dolma Festival in Armenia is an annual festival, also known as Uduli, that is held annually near the city of Armavir, Armenia. Dolma (Stuffed Grapes Leaves) – Armenian Recipe – How to Make Armenian Dolma – Armenian Tolma Let's make some Armenian food today with dolmas!!!
Armenian dolma (tolma) step by step
- Run the beef and onion through the meat grinder.
- Add row rice and cut greens to the forcemeat. (You can replace fresh greens with dried).
- Add salt, peppers and water and mix very well (perhaps with hands).
- Lay the grape leaf on the table and with table spoon put some meat on it. Then wrap and sequentially put in a pan..
- After either meat or grape leaves are finished, you are done 🙂 Put the pan on the fire and close the cover for about 1 hour..
- Serve hot. On the plates put some sour creme on the dolmas before eating. In Armenia we are putting non sweet yogurt (matsoun) but I am not sure you will find it everywhere in the world..
Dolma (Tolma) is a traditional Armenian dish the name of which comes from the Armenian word "Toli" which means the grapevine. Dolma consists of ground spiced lamb meat full of rice and different. Dolma, Orta Doğu, Rusya ve Kafkasya'da yaygındır. Her millet onu farklı şekilde hazırlar, ancak Ermeni dolması denenmesi gereken bir şeydir. Traditional Armenian Dolma is considered tobe one of the jewels of Armenian cuisine.