REVANI CAKE (Greek coconut cake). Revani or ravani cake (Greek coconut cake) is a traditional Greek dessert which falls under the category of 'Siropiasta', which means syrupy Greek desserts. Syrupy Greek desserts are very popular among Greek cuisine and with good reason! Eaten cold, it's one of the most refreshing This Coconut Semolina Cake or Revani as we call it in Greece is a light, sponge cake that's soaked in syrup.
The texture is coarser due to the semolina than what you're probably used to, but it is delicious and toothsome. Soaked in a light syrup and served with some whipped cream on the side, it is a dessert worthy of any occasion. Portokalopita is a traditional Greek orange phyllo cake with great texture, density, citrusy aroma and unbelievably easy to make at home. You can have REVANI CAKE (Greek coconut cake) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of REVANI CAKE (Greek coconut cake)
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 175 g of soft unsalted butter.
- It’s 250 g of castor sugar.
- It’s 225 g of all purpose flour.
- It’s 7 g of baking powder.
- You need 125 g of flaked coconut.
- It’s of Apricot glaze.
- Prepare 65 ml of milk.
- You need of Icing sugar to dust.
- Prepare of Ice cream (optional).
I have just the thing for you today. This is basbousa or basboussa, an Egyptian specialty, also known as namoura, revani or ravani … How to make revani, a moist and flavorful Greek semolina cake with a sweet syrup flavored with orange zest. First-generation Greek American, Lynn Livanos Athan has published many recipes. She has culinary school training and teaches Greek cooking.
REVANI CAKE (Greek coconut cake) instructions
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- In a bowl mix the butter and sugar by hand until smooth,then add the beaten eggs slowly along with the flour and baking powder whilst mixing with a electric whisk.Fold in the coconut flakes..
- To bake the REVANI CAKE,use a round cake tin,lightly greased around the sides and bottom with butter to stop any sticking..
- Bake the REVANI CAKE in a preheated oven at 180c for 40-45 minutes,until golden and cooked right through.Remove the cake and let it cool down slightly.After the cake has cooled down apply the apricot syrup or jam to form the glaze and leave to cool down completely. Serve with a dusting of icing sugar and ice cream. All the best and enjoy 😉.
Reh-vah-KNEE) sometimes also written as ravani, is a light semolina sponge cake made with olive oil and Greek yoghurt, decorated with almonds and bathed in syrup. Revani or Ravani cake ( Greek coconut cake ) is a very well known traditional cake and it falls under the category of 'Siropiasta', which means syrupy Greek. This revani cake recipe will scare your waistline! A little goes a long way. Some recipes include coconut and others use pistachios.