Karniyarik (Stuffed eggplant). Stuffed Eggplant Karniyarik is one of the traditional, best known and favorite Turkish dish of all time. It is irresistible with the combination of. Karniyarik Turkish Stuffed Eggplants Recipe is an easy, hearty dinner filled with beef mince, tomato and of course – eggplant!
Eggplants are stuffed with a perfectly seasoned filling of lamb, peppers, and herbs and roasted until ultra tender in Chef's John's easy recipe for Turkish karniyarik. Turkish Stuffed Eggplant (Karniyarik) – Splitting Bellies. "Karniyarik" means "split belly," which refers to the technique used to stuff them, although depending on the size of your eggplant, it could also. Using two of Turkey's favourite ingredients, lamb stuffed eggplant (karniyarik) is a popular dish. You can cook Karniyarik (Stuffed eggplant) using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Karniyarik (Stuffed eggplant)
- You need 8 of medium narrow eggplants.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper (Italian).
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic / chopped.
- Prepare 2 of dry onions / chopped thinly.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of Italian parsley.
- Prepare to taste of Cumin, salt, pepper.
- It’s of Olive oil to brush eggplants.
- Prepare 1 of or 1/2 half cup of hot water.
With the help of two spoons, or a knife, split the eggplant lengthways halfway through, leaving the. Karniyarik – Stuffed Eggplants (Aubergines) with ground lamb, tomatoes and onions. Hearty stuffed eggplants meet their match when roasted with a savory ground beef filling in this "Barely any other recipes find cooks so united in what belongs, and what doesn't, as the stuffed. Karnıyarık (lit. 'riven belly' in Turkish) is a dish found in Turkish cuisine consisting of eggplant stuffed with a mix of sautéed chopped onions, garlic, black pepper, tomatoes, optional green pepper, parsley and ground meat.
Karniyarik (Stuffed eggplant) instructions
- Here are your main ingredients. You will sauté onions, garlic, then add ground beef, chopped tomatoes. After the meat changes the color, add paste and spices, and chopped pepper, set aside..
- Peel the eggplants using the 'stripe' technique : half peel skin, so you have one stripe of skin, and one stripe peeled. Place the eggplants in salty water and let them sit there while preparing the rest of ingredients – around 30 minutes..
- Dry them with paper towel, cut a slit in the center of the eggplants lengthwise, and brush with olive oil.
- Put into broiler, turn them over do not let them burn.
- They look like these. Next set the oven 375°F/190°C.
- Find your slit open up with a spoon, make some space for the meat stuffing..
- Fill them up.
- You are done with stuffing.
- Decorate them with tomatoes and pepper.
- Make sauce by mixing paste with hot water, pour over baking dish, (not over eggplants).
- Cook at 375 around 30 mins.
- They are ready.
Karniyarik is a stuffed eggplant dish from Turkey, similar to another popular Turkish dish, Imam Bayildi, which is similar but made without ground meat. Karniyarik is a stuffed eggplant dish from Turkey, similar to another popular Turkish dish, Imam Bayildi, which is similar but made without ground meat. Turkish Stuffed Eggplant recipe aka Karnıyarık is another amazing eggplant recipe you have to try before summer ends. Fried or roasted eggplants are stuffed with a flavorsome cooked ground beef. Karniyarik – Stuffed Eggplants, Aubergines with ground beef and vegetables baked with tomato sauce in a baking dish, turkish cuisine, horizontal view from above, close-up.