Iraqi style Dolma. Dolma is a family of stuffed vegetable dishes common in the Middle East and surrounding regions including the Balkans, the Caucasus, Russia and Central Asia. Recipe below 🙂 Thanks for watching ❤ ~Please Share this video , And don't also forget to Comment, Like & subscribe!! The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Iraqi Style Dolma Recipe.
Skillet potatoes prepared Middle Eastern-style w/ garlic, warm spices, fresh. Iraqi style Dolma Vegetables stuffed with a flavoursome rice and mince filling. Dolma stuffed grape leaves iraqi style is the best recipe for foodies. You can have Iraqi style Dolma using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Iraqi style Dolma
- Prepare 1 cup of rice.
- It’s 1/4 of kilo lamb mince (chicken or beef mince can also be used).
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 2 TSP of salt.
- You need of Optional: spices, such as cumin & coriander powder, chilli etc.
- You need 1/3 block of dried tamarind soaked in 1 cup of boiling water.
- You need 6 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of small red peppers.
- You need 1 of courgette.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions.
- You need 20 of Large spinach leaves.
Carefully flip the dolma pan on to a large tray, and serve in the middle of the table. Dolma is a family of stuffed dishes found in the Balkans, South Caucasus, Central Asia and the Middle East. Common vegetables for stuffing are tomato, pepper, onion, zucchini, eggplant and pointed gourd. Much like kleicha, dolma is another Iraqi family/social affair to make.
Iraqi style Dolma step by step
- First, strain tamarind through a sieve using a spoon to rub the pulp through. Reserve..
- RICE: mix rice with the salt, garlic, mince and ½ of the strained tamarind juice, and spices if using..
- TOMATOES & PEPPERS: cut tops so not completely removed, but remain as a lid flap. Scoop out centres. Chop up tomato centres and add to rice mix..
- COURGETTE: cut courgette into half or thirds. Scoop out centres. Chop up the centres and add to rice mix..
- ONIONS: before peeling the onions, bash and roll the onions on a hard surface to soften the layers. Top and tail. Then cut a slit lengthways just to the centre of each onion. Carefully pull the layers apart..
- Half fill each vegetable with the rice mix. Layer the veg into a rice cooker or pot first putting the peppers and courgettes, then onions and tomatoes and finely the spinach. Ensure the veg is snuggly arranged. Any spare rice mix can be tucked into gaps between the veg and laid over the top..
- Mix the remaining tamarind water with 1 cup of water and pour over the veg. (Water should reach halfway up the pot. It doesn't need to cover the veg.) Turn on rice cooker and let it cook till it turns off. Allow to sit for a further 10mins or so..
- Serve with plain or minted yogurt, and/or some hummus..
Gather your family, close friends, and neighbors, and start making dolma! It's not that it's difficult; its just time consuming. Insha allah, this Ramadan we will keep things simple, but the standard dishes that we serve for larger gatherings are Mansaaf, Kebsi, Mackoubi, grape leaves.or better yet, a pot of Iraqi style dolma! Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Plate Lahic Style Dolma. Burak, Turkey yes dolma is the name of the verb dolmak which means to fill, the same case for Kubilay, Ankara You must try it!