Parwal dolma. Feeding children, vegetables is always an uphill task! To get a tasty way to feed vegetables to children is every mom's dream. Here is an example of such.
Hi friends, Today I am sharing with you a very authentic Bengali side dish recipe made with Parwals. sukhi aloo parwal sabzi recipe with step by step photos – this aloo parwal recipe is a dry, slightly tangy dish made with potatoes and pointed gourd (parwal). this is a punjabi recipe which we make at home. parwal or parval or पर्वल in Nepali, Hindi and Gujarati. Pointed Gourd/Parwal is called 'Potol' in Bengali and 'Dolma/Dorma' means a stuffed vegetable. This Bengali delicacy is usually made using prawns. You can cook Parwal dolma using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Parwal dolma
- Prepare 5 of parwals.
- You need 1 cup of soya keema.
- It’s 1 of potato grated.
- Prepare 2 of onions chopped.
- You need 4-5 cloves of garlic crushed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1 cup of tomato puree.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red chilli Powder.
- It’s To taste of salt and sugar.
- Prepare As needed of oil and ghee.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 of dry red chilli.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of whole jeera.
Parwal ki sabzi recipe – a dry vegetable dish made with pointed gourds. Very healthy and homey dish that can be made on everyday basis. When you buy the parval, make sure that you select the young. Pointed gourd/parwal beneficial for improving digestion, treats constipation, reduces flu, fight ageing factors, control blood sugar and cholesterol.
Parwal dolma step by step
- Peel the parwals and clean the inner seeds.
- Now add oil in a pan and saute the half of the onions and garlic.
- Add the soya keema, potato and red chilli Powder.
- Add salt and sugar mix well.
- Mix garam masala and remove from the oven..
- After it cools down stuff the parwals.
- Add oil in the pan and fry the parwals cover it with the lid.
- Add ghee in another pan add onion and garlic,saute well with salt and turmeric powder.
- Add ginger and mix until the raw smell disappears.
- Now add tomato puree and red chilli powder and fry.
- Add this to the parwal and boil adding water.
- Finally add sugar and garam masala powder.
- Parwal dolma is ready to be served.
The humble potol a.k.a. parwal gets a delicious makeover! Potol or parwal is a very common vegetable available across the country but mostly popular in the Northern part of India. This Potoler dolma is usually made using Chingri or fish. Potol is called 'Pointed Gourd/Parwal' in English and 'Dolma/Dorma' means a stuffed vegetable. Stuffed Potoler Dorma – Parwal Curry – Here is Complete recipe of Stuffed Potoler Dolma.