Parwal dolma. Feeding children, vegetables is always an uphill task! To get a tasty way to feed vegetables to children is every mom's dream. Here is an example of such.
Hi friends, Today I am sharing with you a very authentic Bengali side dish recipe made with Parwals. sukhi aloo parwal sabzi recipe with step by step photos – this aloo parwal recipe is a dry, slightly tangy dish made with potatoes and pointed gourd (parwal). this is a punjabi recipe which we make at home. parwal or parval or पर्वल in Nepali, Hindi and Gujarati. Pointed Gourd/Parwal is called 'Potol' in Bengali and 'Dolma/Dorma' means a stuffed vegetable. This Bengali delicacy is usually made using prawns. You can have Parwal dolma using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Parwal dolma
- Prepare 200 gm of pointed gourd.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seed.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 of green chillies chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare To taste of salt and sugar.
- It’s As needed of oil.
Parwal ki sabzi recipe – a dry vegetable dish made with pointed gourds. Very healthy and homey dish that can be made on everyday basis. When you buy the parval, make sure that you select the young. Pointed gourd/parwal beneficial for improving digestion, treats constipation, reduces flu, fight ageing factors, control blood sugar and cholesterol.
Parwal dolma step by step
- Peel off the gourd and saute well adding salt and turmeric powder.
- In another pan heat oil and temper cumin seed bay leaf and green chillies.
- Add onion chopped and saute well.
- Add ginger paste and saute well.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and saute.
- Add tomato and red chilli Powder and mix well.
- Add cumin powder and mix.
- Add the gourds to it and mix well.
- Add sugar and garam masala powder and serve.
The humble potol a.k.a. parwal gets a delicious makeover! Potol or parwal is a very common vegetable available across the country but mostly popular in the Northern part of India. This Potoler dolma is usually made using Chingri or fish. Potol is called 'Pointed Gourd/Parwal' in English and 'Dolma/Dorma' means a stuffed vegetable. Stuffed Potoler Dorma – Parwal Curry – Here is Complete recipe of Stuffed Potoler Dolma.