Armenian dolma (tolma). When you visit Armenia, dolma should surely be on your list of dishes to taste. Dolma (or sometimes written "tolma") is considered to be "the most Armenian dish'' by many people. Dolma is a very popular traditional Armenian dish.
Grape leaves dolma is a very respectable dish in Armenian families. Armenian housewives usually decorate New Year festive tables with this dish, serving to special guests. Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe – Summertime Tolma Dolma Recipe. You can have Armenian dolma (tolma) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Armenian dolma (tolma)
- Prepare 1 kg of beef.
- Prepare 50 grams of rice.
- It’s 2 large of onion.
- Prepare 1 bunch of coriander greens.
- Prepare 5 of basil.
- Prepare 1 of rosemarin.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of red and black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 kg of grape leaves.
Armenian New Year Travel Armenia Blog. Dolma (Tolma) is a traditional Armenian dish the name of which comes from the Armenian word "Toli" which means the grapevine. Dolma consists of ground spiced lamb meat full of rice and different. The Dolma Festival in Armenia is an annual festival, also known as Uduli, that is held annually near the city of Armavir, Armenia.
Armenian dolma (tolma) instructions
- Run the beef and onion through the meat grinder.
- Add row rice and cut greens to the forcemeat. (You can replace fresh greens with dried).
- Add salt, peppers and water and mix very well (perhaps with hands).
- Lay the grape leaf on the table and with table spoon put some meat on it. Then wrap and sequentially put in a pan..
- After either meat or grape leaves are finished, you are done 🙂 Put the pan on the fire and close the cover for about 1 hour..
- Serve hot. On the plates put some sour creme on the dolmas before eating. In Armenia we are putting non sweet yogurt (matsoun) but I am not sure you will find it everywhere in the world..
Dolma (Stuffed Grapes Leaves) – Armenian Recipe – How to Make Armenian Dolma – Armenian Tolma Let's make some Armenian food today with dolmas!!! Dolma is a traditional Armenian food ,mostly made by beaten,sliced or miced meat, cracked wheat or rice,and also with various spices(salt,peppers, onion, coriander,wild mint,thymus,basilica and so on). Dolma (Tolma) is a traditional Armenian dish the name of which comes from the Armenian word "Toli" which means the grapevine. Dolma consists of ground spiced lamb meat full of rice and different. Dolma, Orta Doğu, Rusya ve Kafkasya'da yaygındır.