Loukoumia (Turkish delight or lokum). Turkish delight or lokum is a family of confections based on a gel of starch and sugar. Premium varieties consist largely of chopped dates, pistachios, and hazelnuts or walnuts bound by the gel. Turkish delight or lokum is a Turkish delicacy that is based on a mixture of starch and sugar that is colored with food coloring.
Turkish Delight (Lokum) or Cyprus Delight (Loukoumia) is a confection made from starch and sugar. It is often flavored with rosewater, mastic or lemon; rosewater gives it a characteristic pale pink color. It has a soft, jelly-like and sometimes sticky consistency, and is often packaged and eaten in small. You can have Loukoumia (Turkish delight or lokum) using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Loukoumia (Turkish delight or lokum)
- It’s 2 kg of sugar.
- It’s 2 l of water.
- It’s 2 cups of corn flour or niseste (corn starch).
- Prepare 12 of gelatin sheets.
- It’s 2 cups of icing sugar.
- You need of roasted almonds.
- Prepare of flower water.
Part of the family of confections that use a mixture of starch, like flour or cornstarch, and In the United States, Turkish Delight candy is mostly produced by a confectionery in California that also makes other exotic treats. Lokum çok eski yıllardan beri Türk topraklarında üretilmekte olan bir Türk tatlısı olup dünyaca ''Turkish Delight'' olarak bilinmektedir. Buna rağmen son yıllarda Güney Kıbrıs'ın Türkiye'den önce Avrupa Birliğine (AB) girmesi ile Türk lokumu AB içinde ''Cyprus Delight'' yani ''Kıbrıs lokumu'' olarak tescil. Turkish delight (lokum) is a traditional Turkish candy.
Loukoumia (Turkish delight or lokum) step by step
- Dissolve the corn flour or niseste in 2 cups of water..
- Put the rest of the water, sugar and the gelatin in a pot and add the corn flour mixture..
- Place over heat and stir until it boils..
- Lower the heat and continue stirring for at least 15 more minutes..
- Remove from heat and add the almonds and the flower water..
- Let it cool, stirring every once in a while..
- Empty the mixture in a shallow tray (about the height of the loukoumi)..
- As soon as it cools completely cut into bites and dust them with icing sugar..
This recipe is very poplar and you can find this candy in different colors, flavors and with. Turkish Delight (or Lokum) is a sweet, made with starch and powdered sugar. It is often flavored with rosewater or lemon. Turkish delights (or lokum or loukoumia in Greek) are confections based on a gel of starch and sugar. Some may be plain and other are mixed with nuts such pistachios, almonds or walnuts.