Tulumba – Turkish Delight.
You can cook Tulumba – Turkish Delight using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tulumba – Turkish Delight
- You need of For Dough.
- Prepare 1 cup of Maida.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Semolina.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- You need of For Sugar Syrup.
- Prepare 11/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 13/4 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of rose water optional.
Tulumba – Turkish Delight step by step
- Prepare the sugar syrup first: Boil water with sugar, let it dissolve completely. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Boil syrup for 6-7 mins. Switch off. Add rose water and mix well.
- Allow to cool completely.Unlike our jalebis, tulumba is soaked in room temperature/cooled syrup.
- While syrup is cooling, prepare the dough. Heat 1 cup water with butter. Mix well..
- Add semolina and flour to water.
- Mix well with spoon until well combined. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Knead this mixture with kneader or with stand mixer. Now add eggs, 1 at a time, blend well for 30 seconds before adding second one.
- Add vanilla, sugar and salt. knead dough well.
- Fit the piping bag with 1 cm star nozzle. Fill piping bag with dough.
- Heat oil for frying, note oil should be very lightly warm to cool. Now pipe the dough 5-8 cm long as desired and cut off with wet scissors. Do not crowd the pan. Finish piping before oil heats up.
- Deep fry Tulumba over low medium heat until medium brown. This is to ensure the dough is cooked from inside and will be crunchy..
- Drain excess oil over tissue paper. immediately drop in cooled sugar syrup. Let it rest in syrup for 5 mins..
- Drain excess syrup and transfer to serving bowl. Meanwhile allow the hot oil to cool before starting the next batch of Tulumba. tulumba should not be piped in hot oil, repeat the above steps until dough is completed.
- Garnish with powdered pistachios (optional) and serve immediately. Tulumba is best consumed on the same day it is prepared. it loses it's texture as time elapses hence should be served warm.