Turkish Lamb Kofte. I was watching the latest Food Safari series called Fire the other night which showcases food from around the world cooked over charcoals and in. Lamb meatballs, or kofte kebabs as they are often known, is a tasty traditional Turkish dish. Making lamb meatballs or kofte kebabs is quick and easy.
A classic Turkish meatball made with ground lamb, garlic, and herbs. Lamb can be defrosted in three ways. As with most meat, refrigeration is the most effective, albeit slowest. You can cook Turkish Lamb Kofte using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkish Lamb Kofte
- It’s 500 grams of Minced lamb/beef.
- Prepare 2 cloves of Garlic crushed.
- It’s 1 pinch of Allspice (I always add a generous sprinkling, so adjust quantity as per your taste).
- It’s 1 pinch of Chilli flakes (Adjust as per spice tolerance).
- You need 1 pinch of Freshly ground black pepper (Adjust as per spice tolerance).
- It’s 1 pinch of Sweet/ regular paprika.
- It’s 1 pinch of Ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare of Freshly chopped parsley.
Paprika and cumin infuse these lamb meatballs with Turkish flavor, while pine nuts add crunch. Cucumber and tahini sauce are refreshing counterpoints to the rich meat. Kofta is a family of meatball or meatloaf dishes found in the Indian subcontinent, South Caucasian, Middle Eastern, Balkan, and Central Asian cuisines. Turkish Lamb Kofte – Food And Travel Diaries.
Turkish Lamb Kofte step by step
- Mix all the ingredients together with your hands, kneading until smooth..
- Wet your hands and roll walnut-sized pieces of mixture into balls. Flatten them slightly..
- Fry the kofte on a lightly oiled chargrill pan, for a few minutes on each side till cooked through..
- You can also cook these meatballs in the oven at 180 degree Celsius till they are cooked through and browned..
- These meatballs serves as appetizers/starters are a sure crowd pleaser..
- These are kid-friendly and can be thrown into snack or lunch boxes along with freshly chopped salads..
Foods n Travel is a Foodie and Travel Lovers guide. It is a database of all types of recipes like Chinese, Thai, Continental, Pakistani, Indian, Italian Cuisines. We had dinner here on our first night – managed to get a nice table on the. For the lamb kofta: In a heatproof bowl, combine couscous and boiling water. Turkish Kofte Recipe, Learn how to make Turkish Kofte (absolutely delicious recipe of Turkish Kofte ingredients and cooking method) Minced lamb meat koftas with eggplant, zucchini and basil.