Yaprak Sarma (stuffed grape leaves). "Etli Yaprak Sarmasi" aka stuffed grape leaves is one of the most popular meals in Turkey. There is two kind of stuffed grape leaves. As a hot meal (this recipe) and as a cold meal with olive oil.
Vine leaves may also be used to wrap stuffed celery root. Before wrapping, the celery root is stuffed with rice that has been seasoned with cinnamon, salt, pepper, allspice Meals are called as Yaprak Sarma or Yaprak Dolma. In Balkans broccoli leaves are sometimes used instead of grape leaves. You can cook Yaprak Sarma (stuffed grape leaves) using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yaprak Sarma (stuffed grape leaves)
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of dry onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1/3 cup of rice-bulgur mix.
- It’s 1 tbs of pepper paste.
- Prepare 1 tbs of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of hot water.
- It’s 1 Jar of grape leaves ( we will use 2 rolls).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter for sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbs of tomato paste for sauce.
Magic Stuffed Grape & Vegetable Meat Rolling Tool Cabbage Leaf Rolling Tool-Yaprak Sarma Dolmer Roller Machine Moedor De Carne. Etli Sarma – Vine Leaves Stuffed with Ground Meat, Rice and Herbs We made the etli sarma – stuffed vine leaves with meat and rice – with my mother when I was in… Mother's sarma (a version of dolma, done with grape vine leaves) is always the best and I was watching her with all my senses. Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Yaprak Sarma Stuffed Grape Leaves Yaprak. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä.
Yaprak Sarma (stuffed grape leaves) instructions
- Take 2 rolls of leaves from the jar, put into bowl filled with cold water.you will rinse the leaves getting rid of salt, keep the leaves in it, I usually start to prepare my stuffing mixture first. One dry onion, 1/3 cup of rice bulgur mix, 1/2 bunch parsley, 1 tablespoon pepper paste, 1 tbs tomato paste, and 1 lb of ground beef, salt pepper, put into a bowl. Add 1/4 cup of hot water and mix good. This is your stuffing..
- The Stems on the leaves will help you to pick them up easily, take 4-5 of leaves, snip of the stems and put them into your side of bowl, this will make them dry and ready to work..
- Place 4-5 whole grape leaves stem side is towards you, shiny part on the bottom, take some mixture and start rolling.
- Close the sides.
- Roll tightly, cigar shape.
- Line the cooking pot with some ripped leaves, then place stuffed leaves, this will prevent leaves from sticking to the bottom of the pot, while cooking..
- Boil water, place an other small bowl over boiling water with 1 tbs tomato paste and 1/4 butter in it, butter will melt with the steam, then pour boiling water into paste and butter mixture, stir well, water must be enough to cover stuffed leaves..
- Pour sauce over the stuffed leaves.
- Place a plate over leaves, to prevent them floating, or opening, cook low medium, about 35 mins.
- Take the plate out, serve with thick "suzme" yogurt with garlic.
Save So Much Time – Do you love dumplings, stuffed grape leaves, and sushi, but think you don't have the time? The food roller makes it as easy as one, two, three. One, place the grape leaf, seaweed, or dumpling dough onto the food roller. Two, place a scoop of filling on top. Dolma or also known as sarma, stuffed grape leaves are one of the most popular appetizers in the Mediterranean!