Kisir (Turkish bulgur salad). See more details in the policy page. I first had kisir in a Turkish restaurant in London a number of years ago. It was described on the menu as a Turkish tabbouleh with pomegranate, but it almost seems to sell it short.
The pepper paste gives the bulgur a lovely orange hue, and the mixed vegetables and fresh herbs add. Turkish Bulgur Salad is refreshing, spicy, tangy and loaded with herbs. It's the perfect salad to make in spring. You can cook Kisir (Turkish bulgur salad) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kisir (Turkish bulgur salad)
- It’s 1 cup of fine bulgur.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of hot water.
- You need 1 bunch of spring onions.
- Prepare 1/4 of cucumber (optional).
- It’s 10 branches of parsley.
- It’s 10 branches of mint.
- Prepare of Lettuce.
- Prepare 1 table spoon of mild chilli paste.
- It’s 1 table spoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 table spoon of pomegranate sour.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Ground cumin.
- You need of Salt.
You can't stop once you start eating this salad. Bulgur Salad, which is called Kisir in Turkish, is the favourite food of all Turkish people, but especially women. Kisir is a popular Turkish salad of bulgur wheat, chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, spring onions, loads of fresh herbs, nuts and a hint of chili. Kisir is one of these dishes that tastes even better the day after so it's great for making a big batch in advance and bringing it into work the next day.
Kisir (Turkish bulgur salad) instructions
- Here are all the ingredients..
- Put the bulgur into a large bowl. Add the hot water and stir. The water should wet all the bulgur and a little bit of water should be left at the bottom; that's the right amount ;)..
- Wait for 10min for bulgur to get cooked..
- Add chilli and tomato paste. Stir well until all the bulgur is reddish/orange colour..
- Finely chop all the greens, add them and stir..
- Add juice of 1 lemon, 2 table spoon of pomegranate sour, 4-5 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil..
- Add a pinch of cumin (not much), a pinch of ground black pepper and depending on how salty the pastes are, a pinch of salt. And mix everything well. Kisir is ready!.
- I enjoy eating this salad along with lettuce. In some variations lettuce is finely chopped into the salad too. You can try both! Enjoy! 😋😉 "Afiyet olsun!".
This Turkish Bulgur Salad (Kisir) is one of our all-time favorite family recipes in summer! It's such a quick and easy make-ahead meal prep recipe Enjoy your Turkish bulgur salad immediately or cover and refrigerate overnight so the flavors can unfold. Kısır is one of our favourite Turkish recipes – an absolutely perfect bulgur wheat meze dish if you have a few friends coming round. Question: When is tabbouleh not tabbouleh? Answer: When it is a Turkish dish made with slightly different ingredients and called kısır.