Kisir (bulgur wheat salad). 🌾 BULGUR WHEAT SALAD (KISIR) It is very easy to make and very delicious. Once you try it you will ask for it again. I guess there is no one left that didn't.
When we've written about other Turkish meze recipes, we've no doubt said a particular We first came across kısır in Turkish recipe books, but whenever I made it, I wasn't really keen on the outcome. We both love bulgur wheat but the kısır. Kisir is a popular Turkish salad of bulgur wheat, chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, spring onions, loads of fresh herbs, nuts and a hint of chili. You can have Kisir (bulgur wheat salad) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kisir (bulgur wheat salad)
- You need 2 cups of bulgur.
- You need 3 cups of salgam suyu (hot turnip juice).
- Prepare of juice of 4 lemon.
- It’s 2 bunch of green onions.
- It’s of Lots of pickled cucumber.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 bunch of chopped dill.
- It’s 1 bunch of parsley.
- You need 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of fresh mint.
Kisir is one of these dishes that tastes even better the day after so it's great for making a big batch in advance and bringing it into work the next day. The salad is simple, and it's good for a light summertime meal. Make the most of bulgur wheat with our collection of recipes that put the grain centre-stage. Put the bulgur in a large bowl.
Kisir (bulgur wheat salad) instructions
- Pour boulgur wheat into a pan.
- Add 3 cups of salgam juice.
- Let it boil, after that lower the heat and cover until cooked and no more juice left..
- Here is the bulgur, getting ready.
- Prepare other ingredients, chop them.
- Pour into bulgur, in this point your bulgur is cooked, and cooled down. You turned off the heat..
- Add lemon juice, oil, salt.
- Here it is. After all mixed.
- If you have corn, you would've add too, corns would give great color. I didn't have it, didn't use..
Add the tomato puree to the stock and heat to just below boiling point. A great recipe for Bulgur (aka Tabbouleh) Salad. We enjoyed the addition of the pomegranate molasses. I left out the green bell pepper as I did not have any on hand. Turkish Kisir is a classic cold bulgur salad made with fine-grade bulgur—a staple in Turkish cuisine—sweet pepper paste and chopped vegetables.