Sütlaç (Türkish Rice pudding). Turkish-style rice pudding is like grandma's good old fashioned custard baked in the oven. Some Turkish folks still go out of their way to seek out fresh, non-pasteurized milk to make fırın sütlaç. It's said that the tricks to making perfect rice pudding are fresh milk, slow cooking, constant stirring, and.
Rice pudding is a great dessert, but Turkish Rice Pudding (Sütlaç) is the best! This traditional Turkish Rice Pudding (Sütlaç) is creamy, rich, and melting in your mouth. In fact, this Turkish rice pudding can be also made without an oven at all. You can have Sütlaç (Türkish Rice pudding) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sütlaç (Türkish Rice pudding)
- Prepare 3/4 cup of rice.
- You need 4 cups of milk + 1 cup.
- It’s 1 cup of (or less) sugar.
- Prepare of Water to boil.
- It’s 3 tbs of rice flour.
- Prepare of Ground cinnamon to decorate.
The main mixture is cooked on a stovetop, while an oven is only used for slightly burning the surface (somewhat similar to Crème. Sütlaç – Turkish Rice Pudding There are many versions of rice pudding across the world, one my favourites being kheer (Indian/Pakistani version with almond meal and cardamom). The Turkish version is Sutlac, which I essentially grew up with. If it's plain rice pudding, then it's Sütlaç.
Sütlaç (Türkish Rice pudding) step by step
- Wash and boil 3/4 cup of rice in a generous amount of water.(about 5-6 cups) stir , when it boils wait until rice gets longer and water disappears .(don't let it burn. Happens). Remove. Boil 4 cups of milk in a large pot . Add cooked rice stir until it boils, lower the heat into medium..
- Meanwhile mash and stir 3 tbs of rice flour with 1 cup of cold milk.when milk boils have 3,4 tbs of hot milk to rice flour mix and stir to make warm the mixture ..
- Pour rice flour mixture into boiling milk/ rice. Keep stirring. Let boils about 7-10 minutes . You are still stirring. (Heat is medium.) ..
- Add about 1 cup of sugar or less. Up to you. Stir 5 more minutes..
- Remove from heat. Pour into cups and decorate with cinnamon.
- Let it cool and keep in the fridge ..
Please be precise next time you go oriental. When added to the pudding, the rosewater I buy in most Armenian and Turkish grocery stores did give a very slight pink/purple tinge to the pudding, despite appearing clear (this is. Sütlaç is a light dessert originated in Ottoman cuisine. The rumor goes that it was flavored with rose water in palace kitchens, but in my kitchen I skipped that ingredient. Rice pudding, is one of primary Turkish dairy desserts.