Red pepper and walnut spread – muhammara. For example, this muhammara, the Middle Eastern red pepper and walnut spread, can be made with either fresh red bell peppers or ones that you Scrape spread into a bowl and make a well in the center with the back of a spoon. This roasted red pepper and walnut spread is quite popular in the Middle East and you'll understand why when you make it and discover you can't stop I tried my muhammara fresh out of the food processor to taste it and it was pretty good. But after it chilled completely in the fridge all the flavors.
I found out about this muhammara dip while searching the web for some oriental appetizer recipes, similar to hummus and baba ganoush. Want to serve up something other than hummus at your next party? This flavorful traditional dip, pronounced moo-hah-MARA, is a guaranteed. You can have Red pepper and walnut spread – muhammara using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red pepper and walnut spread – muhammara
- It’s 2 cups of walnuts, coarsely ground, or 250 g whole walnuts.
- It’s 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 5 teaspoons of dried red chili pepper powder, diluted in 1/3 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of olive oil.
- It’s 8 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of pomegranate syrup, if available.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
I did a little research and it turns out Muhammara is a common spread in Syria, Turkey and a handful of other countries. Muhammara – Turkish Roasted Red Pepper & Walnut Spread. This muhammara, or red-pepper-pomegranate molasses-walnut spread from Paula Wolfert, is a classic and beloved dish. Rub off the skins, slit thepeppers open, and remove the stems, membranes, and seeds.
Red pepper and walnut spread – muhammara instructions
- In a food processor, blend the ground walnuts, the bread crumbs and olive oil together..
- Add the red chili pepper powder diluted in 1/3 cup of water, and the lemon juice. Blend again..
- Finally, mix in the pomegranate syrup, the cumin and the salt..
- The end result should be a smooth paste that is reddish/ light brown..
- Serve with pita bread..
Typically, one makes muhammara by roasting red peppers and blending them with walnuts (which may also be roasted). For a long time now, I've If you're a fan of Middle Eastern food—or even if you're not—you'll want to give this savory spread a shot. I think it would make for a lovely pre-dinner. Muhammara (Roasted Pepper & Walnut Spread) – Lebanese Adjacent. This muhammara video was inspired by a request we received for a Lebanese recipe.