Turkish Lentil Soup.
You can have Turkish Lentil Soup using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkish Lentil Soup
- Prepare 150 ml of Red lentils.
- Prepare 1 small of to medium Onion.
- You need 1/3 of Carrot (optional) 1, small Potato (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Consomme bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1200 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 dash of each Lemon, chili powder, mint.
Turkish Lentil Soup instructions
- These are red lentils. There are many different varieties depending on where they are produced, but the photo shows some beans I brought back from Turkey. They are plump. In Japan, you can buy them in the export food section of department stores, or at a health food shop, but they are a bit flatter..
- To prep the ingredients, rinse the lentils. Mince the onions. Peel the carrot and potato, and finely chop..
- Sauté the onions in oil (not listed). When they are well cooked and translucent, add the water and bring to a boil..
- Add the consomme bouillon cube, lentils, carrot, and potato, and simmer for 30 minutes on low to medium heat..
- Strain the soup from Step 4, return the liquid to the pot, and pulse the remainder in a blender until smooth. Return to the pot, then bring to a boil. It should be as thick as potage soup. Season with salt and other seasonings to taste..
- Pour into individual soup bowls, then squeeze on lemon juice for a nice touch. That is how I love it. It also tastes great garnished with chili peppers, mint leaves, parsley, or croutons..
- Add tomato paste. No need to mix..