Turkish Manti (Boiled Dumplings).
You can cook Turkish Manti (Boiled Dumplings) using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkish Manti (Boiled Dumplings)
- It’s 200 grams of Beef (ground).
- You need 1/2 of Onions (grated).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Parsley (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Whole cumin seeds.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- It’s of <For the dough>.
- Prepare 200 grams of White flour.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 50 ml of Water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need of (For the yogurt sauce).
- You need 500 grams of Yogurt.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic.
- It’s of (For the butter sauce:).
- Prepare 40 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red chili pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 of Dried mint (or fresh mint).
Turkish Manti (Boiled Dumplings) step by step
- Knead the dough ingredients together while adjusting the consistency with water (until it reaches the firmness of your earlobes)..
- Once the dough comes together, wrap with plastic wrap and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- While the dough rests, mix the grated garlic into the yogurt to make the yogurt sauce..
- Combine the filling ingredients and knead well..
- Dust the dough with flour and roll it into a 1-2 mm thickness (this is easier if you divide the dough into 2-3 portions)..
- Cut the dough into 2.5 cm squares with a knife and top each square with a bit of the filling..
- Seal up the squares. You will be topping it with the yogurt sauce at the end, so you don't have to worry about making the shapes perfect..
- Bring a large amount of water to boil and add 1 tablespoon salt (water and salt amounts not listed). Put the manti dumplings into the hot water and continue boiling..
- While the manti is boiling, melt the butter in a small frying pan. Once it begins to sizzle, add the red chili pepper flakes..
- When the manti rises to the surface of the water, transfer to a plate..
- Top with the yogurt sauce and butter sauce, then garnish with mint to taste..