Lokum (Turkish Delight).
You can have Lokum (Turkish Delight) using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lokum (Turkish Delight)
- You need 300 grams of ★ Granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ★ Lemon juice.
- It’s 200 ml of ★ Water.
- Prepare 50 grams of ○ Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ○ Cream of tartar.
- Prepare 200 ml of ○ Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ○ Rose water.
- It’s 30 grams of Your choice of nuts.
- You need 1 of Olive oil (for greasing the mold).
- It’s 1 of Powdered sugar (preferably the non-melting type).
Lokum (Turkish Delight) instructions
- Combine the ★ ingredients in a sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Once it starts to bubble, reduce the heat..
- In a separate sauce pan, combine the ○ ingredients, thoroughly dissolve the cornstarch, and heat over medium heat. While heating, use a whisk to combine evenly..
- While whisking over heat, the mixture will stiffen into a paste as shown; when it does, remove from heat..
- Gradually mix in the liquid from Step 1 to the saucepan from Step 3..
- Thoroughly mix over low-medium heat. Until it thickens, it will tend to lump, so mix well..
- Once the mixture turns yellowish and becomes pasty, add the nuts and rose water, and combine until even. Nuts are optional. If adding color, this is the time..
- Grease a tray with olive oil, then pour into the tray. You can also pour them into baking molds, such as silicon molds. Chill well..
- Once they cool and set, remove from the mold, then cut into cubes and dust with powdered sugar..