Sig's Pizza from Turkey ( Lahmacun).
You can cook Sig's Pizza from Turkey ( Lahmacun) using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sig's Pizza from Turkey ( Lahmacun)
- Prepare of the base.
- It’s 2 cup of pizza flour (200 grams) plus 2 tablespoons pizza flour. Use plain flour if you can't get pizza flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of fine sea salt or salt substitute.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fine granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of good quality olive oil.
- It’s 150 ml of water, or a little more depending on dryness of dough. It should be flexible and smooth not sticky.
- It’s of topping.
- It’s 1 bunch of of fresh parsley or 1/2 bunch fresh coriander.
- It’s 1 large of clove of garlic.
- You need 200 grams of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 medium of tomato.
- Prepare 1 of green or 1/2 red chilli.
- It’s 175 grams of ground lamb or bought marinaded and very fine cubed tofu or vegetarian mince.
- It’s 1 pinch of fresh ground pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
Sig's Pizza from Turkey ( Lahmacun) instructions
- For the base sieve the flour onto a worktop. Make a well in the middle and add the salt and sugar into well..
- Add the olive oil gradually. Work into the flour. Add 150 ml water slowly work into the dough until smooth and flexible. You may not need all the water or a little more if to dry ..
- Wrap into a damp clean cloth and chill for 30 minutes.
- Lightly dust the dough with flour on removing from fridge. Break into 4 equal pieces..
- For the topping chop the parsley or coriander, garlic and onions. Set aside..
- Peel the tomato and finely chopped it. Chop the chilli very finely..
- Place all ingredients for topping into bowl add 2 tablespoons of water , knead thoroughly through until well mixed..
- Dust worktop with flour, flatten dough pieces with hand then roughly roll out into a very thin base. Carefully lift onto baking tray keeping the shape..
- Add the lamb or tofu topping mix and spread over pizza base with your hands.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 f/ 200 C for about 10 minutes or to your liking.
- Remember that it does not need to be crispy like a normal pizza if you want to roll it, it should be a littke bit like a wrap with crispy edges . For this purpose the dough is cooked after ten minutes. You may crisp it uo more if you want to serve it as a pizza. Take care not to burn it as the base is very thin. Serve either hot or cold with some lemon slices to squeeze the juice over the filling..