You can cook Turkish Pabucaki using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkish Pabucaki
- It’s 3 of Eggplants (slim Japanese type).
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1 of Tomato.
- You need 1 of Egg (beaten).
- It’s 50 grams of Melting type cheese.
- Prepare 10 grams of Butter (or olive oil).
- You need 1/2 tsp of ★ Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ★ Cumin.
- You need 1 of Parsley (for topping).
Turkish Pabucaki step by step
- Slice the eggplants in half vertically, leaving the blossom ends intact..
- Boil the eggplants in a pot of 1.5 liters water and 1 tablespoon salt (not listed) for 10 minutes..
- While the eggplants are boiling, finely chop the onion. Blanch and peel the tomato and dice into 1.5 cm cubes..
- Once the eggplants are cooked, scrape the white flesh out of the skins with a spoon, taking care not to break the skins..
- Mince the flesh of the eggplants..
- Sauté the onion in butter until translucent, then add the minced eggplants and tomato and continue to cook..
- Once the vegetables are evenly combined, add the ★ seasoning ingredients..
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool..
- Add the beaten egg and cheese to the bowl and stir..
- Stuff the eggplant skins with the mixture from Step 9..
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in an oven preheated to 200℃..
- Transfer to serving dishes, garnish, then serve..