Aşure, Noah's Pudding (Turkish Cuisine).
You can cook Aşure, Noah's Pudding (Turkish Cuisine) using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aşure, Noah's Pudding (Turkish Cuisine)
- It’s 60 grams of Wheat (preferably whole grain, not rolled).
- Prepare 20 grams of Chickpeas.
- Prepare 20 grams of White kidney beans.
- It’s 5 grams of White rice.
- You need 100 grams of Sugar.
- You need 4 of Dried apricots.
- Prepare 4 of Dried figs.
- It’s 15 grams of Raisins.
- You need 15 grams of Walnuts.
- Prepare 15 grams of Almonds.
- You need 10 of Pine nuts (optional).
- You need 1 liter of Water.
- You need 30 of Pomegranate (fresh arils).
- You need 1 dash of Candied orange peel.
- It’s 1 dash of Rose water (optional).
- You need 1 of Cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Your choice of nuts and dried fruit, such as hazel nuts, pistachios, black currants, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, or whole cardamon pods.
Aşure, Noah's Pudding (Turkish Cuisine) step by step
- If using dried chickpeas and white kidney beans, soak them overnight in water with 1 tablespoon baking soda to rehydrate..
- Rehydrate the wheat, rice, and nuts 1-2 hours before preparation..
- Slice the dried fruit and nuts into 1 cm thick slices. Grate the orange peel..
- Fill a large pot with plenty of water and boil the wheat and rice until soft..
- Add the ingredients from Step 1 and 3, and the orange peel, starting with those that take longer to cook through. Add the sugar, and slowly simmer until all the ingredients are tender..
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle in the rose water, and mix well..
- Transfer the pudding to serving dishes, then sprinkle on cinnamon powder and finely chopped nuts (not listed in the ingredients), and garnish with pomegranate arils..
- You can serve the pudding warm, or chill it in the refrigerator to meld the flavors and achieve a more soft and chewy texture..