Turkish Poached Egg from the Ottoman Empire.
You can have Turkish Poached Egg from the Ottoman Empire using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkish Poached Egg from the Ottoman Empire
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 500 ml of Boiling water.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 250 grams of ★Plain yogurt.
- It’s 1 clove of ★Garlic (grated).
- It’s of (For the sauce:).
- It’s 15 grams of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Paprika powder.
- Prepare 1 of Dried mint (for the topping).
- It’s 1 of Chili pepper flakes (for the topping).
Turkish Poached Egg from the Ottoman Empire step by step
- Put the vinegar and salt in boiling water in a pot..
- Crack the eggs into a dish..
- Slide the eggs into boiling water slowly..
- Poach the eggs over medium heat for several minutes to set the egg whites. Using chopsticks, shape the eggs by gently pulling the edges towards the centre. Scoop the eggs out with a ladle, and serve on a plate..
- Mix the ★ ingredients in a small bowl..
- Heat the butter in a frying pan until it melts. Add the paprika powder and simmer for a few seconds..
- Serve the yogurt on top of the poached eggs, and pour the butter sauce over them..
- Top with dried mint or chili pepper flakes and enjoy..