Simit: Turkish Bread Rings Coated with Sesame Seeds.
You can cook Simit: Turkish Bread Rings Coated with Sesame Seeds using 8 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simit: Turkish Bread Rings Coated with Sesame Seeds
- You need 250 grams of Bread flour.
- Prepare 150 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 225 ml of Lukewarm water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Instant dry yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 bag of ☆Hulled white sesame seeds.
- Prepare 100 ml of ☆Grape juice.
Simit: Turkish Bread Rings Coated with Sesame Seeds step by step
- Combine the dry ingredients with a whisk..
- Put the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and pour the vegetable oil and lukewarm water into the well..
- Mix thoroughly with a wooden spatula..
- Knead the dough with your hands for 5-10 minutes..
- This is how the kneaded dough should look..
- Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces..
- There will be a total of 16 pieces after dividing the 4 pieces in the background..
- Keep about half of the dough in a bag or cover it with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out..
- Let the dough rise. Stretch the dough into thin strips (about 30-35 cm)..
- Dust the dough, if necessary..
- Twist 2 strips of dough together..
- Attach the ends of the dough strips to make a ring..
- This is how the rings should look. Arrange them on a baking sheet..
- Put the grape juice in a large bowl (the bowl should be bigger than the dough rings)..
- Spread the sesame seeds on a tray (start with about 1/3 of the bag and add more as needed)..
- Dip both sides of the rings in the grape juice, drain excess moisture, then coat both sides in the sesame seeds..
- Try to keep the sesame seeds dry, otherwise, they will not stick to the dough very well. Try to use up the sesame seeds on the tray before adding more..
- Reshape the rings and put them back on the baking sheet (I can bake 4 rings at a time in my oven)..
- Let the dough sit in a warm place for 20 minutes..
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 200℃ and make the last 4 rings..
- Once the dough has risen, bake until browned (about 18 minutes)..