You can cook Turkish Pide using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkish Pide
- It’s of For Dough.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Dry Yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 3/4 cups of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of Semolina Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 to 3/4 cups of Water Warm.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsps of Olive Oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of For Filling.
- It’s 300 g of Lamb Minced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Onion (cut in small pieces).
- You need 3 – 4 cloves of Garlic ( finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Green Bell Pepper (cut in small pieces).
- You need 1/2 cup of Red Bell Pepper (cut in small pieces).
- You need 1/2 cup of Bell Pepper Yellow (cut in small pieces).
- It’s 1 tsp of Black Pepper Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chilli Flakes.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of Olive oil -.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of For Assembly.
- You need 1 of Egg White.
- You need 1/4 cup of Mozzarella Cheese.
Turkish Pide instructions
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water (3-4 tbsp). Keep it aside for 15 minutes..
- In a bowl add all purpose flour, semolina flour, sugar-yeast mixture, olive oil, salt and warm water and knead well for 5 to 6 mins..
- Cover and keep aside the dough for 40 mins, the dough will rise in size..
- For Filling – Take a pan, add olive oil and add onions and garlic. Saute them till golden brown..
- Add minced lamb, pepper powder and salt and cook till almost done..
- Add green, red and yellow bell peppers and saute them for another 4 to 5 mins..
- Add chilli flakes and mix them well. Keep the filling aside..
- For Assembly – Roll the dough and cut the dough to 4 to 5 pieces..
- Dust and roll the dough to oval shape..
- Keep a portion of the filling in the center, roll the sides and join the ends to make a boat shape..
- Add 1 tbsp of cold water to the egg white and whisk well. Brush the dough with egg-water mixture..
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese..
- Bake at 250 degrees C for 12- 15 mins till the dough turns golden brown..