Turkish Lamb Pilau.
You can have Turkish Lamb Pilau using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkish Lamb Pilau
- You need 1 handful of pine nuts.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 large of onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Cinnamon sticks broken in half.
- Prepare 500 g of Cubed neck of lamb.
- You need 250 g of Basmati rice.
- It’s 500 ml of Boiling water.
- You need 1 of Lamb stock cube.
- You need Handful of mint chopped.
- It’s 12 of Ready to eat dried apricots.
Turkish Lamb Pilau instructions
- Gently dry fry the pine nuts until golden brown and set aside.
- In a large frying pan add the olive oil, onion and cinnamon sticks and gently fry until turning golden brown..
- Add the cubed lamb and cook on a higher heat until brown..
- Add the rice and stir fry for 1 minute..
- Add the boiling water, stock cube and apricots and simmer until the rice is cooked and there is no liquid (about 12-15 minutes), add extra water if rice requires it..
- Once cooked add the pine nuts and chopped mint and serve..