Manti (Persian dumpling). Manti or Manty may refer to: Manti, Iowa, a defunct Mormon settlement. Manti, Utah, a city, named for the city of Manti in the Book of Mormon. Manti National Forest, formerly Manti Forest Reserve, in Colorado and Utah.
Although a lot of people associate dumplings with Oriental kitchen, the roots of this dish go to Central Asia and nomadic tribes of. These homemade baked Manti (Sini Manti) are traditional Armenian and Turkish dumplings. They feature a savory beef filling, and a luscious yogurt-garlic sauce. You can cook Manti (Persian dumpling) using 17 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Manti (Persian dumpling)
- Prepare 200 g of ground beef.
- It’s 2 cups of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of onion, grated.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 100 g of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of For tomato sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of dried mint.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of For yogurt sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, grated.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need of Salt and chili flakes.
Manti is an extraordinary dish from Turkey: tiny lamb-stuffed dumplings topped with three sauces: caramelized tomato sauce, brown butter sauce, and garlicky yogurt sauce. This is an audio version of the Wikipedia Article: Manti (dumpling) Listening is a more natural way of learning, when compared to reading. A wide variety of manti dumpling options are available to you, such as local service location, key selling points, and applicable industries. Manti (Uyghur: مانتا, manta, Kazakh: мәнті, Turkish: mantı, Uzbek: manti, Armenian: մանթի; indicates either singular or plural) or Mantu (Kyrgyz: мантуу; Pashto, Persian, Arabic: منتو) are dumplings.
Manti (Persian dumpling) instructions
- In a large bowl with flour, add salt..
- Combine the beaten egg with water and pour over the flour. Using your hand, mix the flour for few minutes..
- Then add olive oil and knead the dough for 5 minutes..
- This dough for making dumpling should be hard. Place it in a bowl, cover it with towel and leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hour..
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Combine grated onion with ground meat. Season with salt and pepper..
- Also make two sauces: the garlic yogurt sauce : in a bowl beat the plain yogurt with grated garlic, olive oil, salt and chili flakes. Set aside..
- For tomato sauce, heat the oil in a pan. Add tomato paste, dried mint, salt and pepper. Mix together and simmer for 2 minutes..
- Now, dough is ready. Cut the dough into 4 pieces. Working one piece of dough at a time. On a floured surface, roll the dough as thinly as you can..
- Using a cutter, cut the dough into small squares as you see in the photo..
- Place a little bit of the filling (meat or cheese) into the middle of the each square shape dough..
- And pinch the opposite corner to seal it firmly (as you see in the photos). Repeat with the rest of the dough that would be lots .
- Bring the salted water in a pot to a boil. Gently place 5-6 of dumpling in a time in the boiling water.
- And cook for 10 minutes and until dumplings come to the surface of the boiling water.Take them out of the pot and let the manti cool..
- Place the manti in a plate, pour some yogurt sauce over it and then drizzle tomato sauce over the yogurt sauce. It is just heavenly tasty..
- Ingredients for the dough.
- Ingredients for the filling.
- Ingredients for the tomato sauce.
Manti Steamed Dumplings made with ground beef and pumpkin. This Steamed Dumplings Recipe (Манты) is one of the many recipes that reminds me of my childhood. Making Turkish Dumplings Manti means more than making the dish itself. Although they serve for Turkish manti dumplings. Homemade pasta filled with a spicy ground beef mixture, cooked and.