Turkish stuffed aubergines with beef and tomatoes (Karniyarik) 🇹🇷. Karniyarik Turkish Stuffed Eggplants Recipe is an easy, hearty dinner filled with beef mince, tomato and Small purple eggplants/aubergines washed. Traditionally, Turkish stuffed eggplants are garnished with slices of gorgeous red tomato and a bright green chilli. Stuffed Eggplant Karniyarik is one of the traditional, best known and favorite Turkish dish of all time.
Though traditionally made with ground lamb, you may prepare it with ground beef or have a vegetarian version too. Simply replace the meat with your favorite vegetable (mushrooms, chickpeas work very well). Karnıyarık is a classic Turkish stuffed aubergine recipe. You can have Turkish stuffed aubergines with beef and tomatoes (Karniyarik) 🇹🇷 using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkish stuffed aubergines with beef and tomatoes (Karniyarik) 🇹🇷
- It’s 3 of aubergines.
- Prepare 300 g of beef or lamb mince.
- It’s 200 g of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- You need 1 of red pepper.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of harissa paste.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 bunch of flatleaf parsley.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh mint.
- It’s Handful of cashews.
Simple to make, you can serve it on its own or with a side of rice or bulgur pilaf. Add tomatoes and green peppers to your stuffed aubergines before placing in the oven. Sometimes, depending on the size of our aubergines, once we have. Karniyarik – Stuffed Eggplants, Aubergines with ground beef and vegetables baked with tomato sauce served on a plate with fork and knife, turkish cuisine, horizontal view from above, close-up, flatlay.
Turkish stuffed aubergines with beef and tomatoes (Karniyarik) 🇹🇷 instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a hot pan brown the mince seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove and leave to one side.
- Slice the aubergines in half.
- Turn the pan down to a medium heat. And cook the aubergines in olive oil for 8mins it until soft inside.
- After 8 mins flip and cook for another 8 mins.
- Meanwhile chop the pepper, onion, chilli, garlic and stalks of the parsley (retain the leaves).
- Remove the aubergines and place on kitchen towel to soak up excess oil.
- Turn the heat up and add the harissa paste to the pan.
- Stir in the chopped vegetables and cook till softened.
- Chop the tomatoes in half and add to the pan.
- Chop the parsley and mint leaves.
- Add the mince and herbs to the pan and stir.
- Place the aubergines in an oven proof dish. Scrape / mush the insides to make opening. Take care not to pierce the skin.
- Fill the aubergines with the mince mixture and place in the oven for 15mins.
- Crush the cashews and top the aubergines. Cook for another 5-10mins.
- Remove from the oven and serve!.
Meat and Tomato Stuffed Eggplant Halves with Cheese Crust, copy space for your text. This is an easy recipe for delicious Turkish style stuffed aubergine, filled with beef, bulgur, onions, tomatoes, pine nuts and pomegranate molasses. Add the lamb or beef, diced tomato, tomato paste and most of the parsley, reserving some for garnishing. Season with sea salt and freshly ground Garnish with the reserved parsley and serve hot, with garlic yoghurt, a green salad and Turkish bread. Recipe and image from Turkish Meze, Sevtap.