Turkish Bread "Ankara style Simidi".
You can cook Turkish Bread "Ankara style Simidi" using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkish Bread "Ankara style Simidi"
- Prepare 500 g of Bread flour.
- It’s 5 g of Dry Yeast.
- Prepare 300 cc of Warm water.
- It’s 1 tbs of Sugar beet (or normal sugar).
- It’s 1 tbs of Salt or even bit less is OK.
- You need 1 tbs of Honey (or even less) (Substitute of Pekmez).
- You need 100 cc of water.
- You need 100 g of White sesame.
Turkish Bread "Ankara style Simidi" instructions
- Mix well with bread flour, dry yeast, warm water, sugar beet, salt to form a soft dough. Knead for 10 mins..
- Cover the dough with wrap leave in t a warm place for 30-40 min or leave to doubled in size. (I put warm water in a fried pan and keep the bowl in the pan for 40 mins in the room temperature of 22℃).
- Divide it into 5 pieces, roll out into long pieces (about 70cm) to form into twisted ring. (They are supposed to be a thin ring, not a fat ring like mines….!).
- Mix honey and water. Place the ring dough into the honey syrup. And place the dough in sesame plate for both side..
- Bake for 25 mins with preheated oven at 200℃ till the golden color..
- Done, Eat! It's nice with nice Turkish white cheese, tomato, cucumber..