You can have Greek Loukoumades using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Loukoumades
- Prepare 1.5 cups of Maida.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of warm Water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of instant Yeast.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of freshly grated Nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of Cinnamon+ additional to sprinkle.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/3 cup of or more Honey to drizzle.
Greek Loukoumades instructions
- In a bowl add flour, make 3 wells, add sugar, yeast and salt. Gently mix everything.
- Add vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently mix well.
- Add lemon juice and lukewarm water. Mix until soft very sticky dough is formed.
- Cover and rest in warm place for 1-2 hours.
- Gently deflate the mixture and mix well.
- Add spoonful of batter in hot oil. Deep fry in batches.
- Deep fry over medium heat until golden brown and puffed up. Drain excess oil from balls over kitchen towel.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Drizzle Honey over balls.
- Serve warm. It should be consumed on same day..