Parwal Dolma (Stuffed pointed gourd). Quick & Fast Cooking Today we are going to make "Potoler Dorma/Stuffed Parwal ". Here is Complete recipe of Stuffed Pointed Gourd Recipe / Potoler Dorma Recipe. It is very Special Delicious Bengali Recipe.
Pointed gourd/parwal beneficial for improving digestion, treats constipation, reduces flu, fight ageing factors, control blood sugar and cholesterol. Trichosanthes dioica, also known as parwal, parval, pointed gourd, Wild snake gourd, patola, green potato is a vine plant in the Cucurbitaceae family. See all dolma recipes or all pointed gourd recipes. You can have Parwal Dolma (Stuffed pointed gourd) using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Parwal Dolma (Stuffed pointed gourd)
- Prepare 10 of parwals.
- Prepare 500 ml of milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 11/2 tbsp of raisins.
- Prepare 10 of cashewnuts.
- It’s 4 tbsp of refined oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh cream or malai.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of haldi/turmeric.
- You need 1 of tomato pureed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kitchen king masala.
- You need 5-6 of cloves.
- You need 3-4 of cardamoms.
- You need 1/2 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s Pinch of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
Potoler dorma or dolma is classic Bengali dish whereby parwals or potols are stuffed with variety of fillings and then curried in cumin-ginger based Potol er dolma is a classic dish in Bengali cuisine whereby the stout pointed gourds are stuffed with prawns or scraped coconut mix with dry fruits or. Trichosanthes dioica, also known as pointed gourd, is a vine plant in the family Cucurbitaceae, similar to cucumber and squash, though unlike those it is perennial. Colloquially, in India, it is often called green potato. It is widely cultivated in the eastern part of India, particularly in Orissa, Bengal, Assam, Bihar, and Uttar Pradesh.
Parwal Dolma (Stuffed pointed gourd) instructions
- Scrape lightly parwals and cut both ends slightly. Take one parwal and with the sharp end of a spoon scoop out the seeds.Discard seeds reserving the fleshy part inside.Fry the parwals and set aside..
- Boil milk in a pan and when it boils pour the juice of lemon and let it boil for sometime on low heat till milk curdles and whey separates.Pour some water and let it stand for sometime.Strain the paneer through a strainer or muslin cloth.The whey can be used for making curries.Store bought fresh paneer may also be used..
- Mash the paneer and the fleshy part of parwal inside.Add little salt,sugar,ginger,roasted cumin seed powder and little all purpose flour.Heat 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick pan and lightly fry the paneer and add some raisins.Stuff this mixture inside the scooped out parwals..
- Make a paste of sesame seeds,4-5 cashewnuts,malai, 1 tomato chopped and ginger paste.Heat oil and add half crushed garam masala.When they splutter add the paste,little haldi,red chilli powder,kitchen king masala and fry.Add salt to taste,little sugar and fry.Lightly place the stuffed parwals in the masala and add half cup water or whey and boil for sometime taking care that the stuffing doesn't come out.Sprinkle few half broken cashewnuts and raisins and little garam masala..
- Garnish with fresh cream and 1 tsp ghee.Serve with pulao or jeera rice or tandoori roti..
It is a vine plant, similar to cucumber and squash, though unlike those it is perennial. Pointed Gourd (Parwal) is a green, thin skinned vegetable that has a mild taste and edible crunchy seeds. Popularly used with potato in vegetables, it is also cooked by stuffing with spices. Stuffed Pointed Gourd – Barvan Parval – By Vahchef @ vahrehvah.com. Bharwa parwal ki sabzi/stuffed pointed gourd sabji /bharwa parwal by jds kitchen channel.