Tahinopita – Greek Style Tahini Cake with Orange Blossom Glaze.
You can have Tahinopita – Greek Style Tahini Cake with Orange Blossom Glaze using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tahinopita – Greek Style Tahini Cake with Orange Blossom Glaze
- Prepare of tahini cake:.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 cup of sesame seeds.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/4 cup (300 ml) of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of orange blossom water (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground all spice.
- You need of orange blossom glaze:.
- It’s 125 g (1 cup) of pure icing sugar, sifted.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of orange blossom water.
Tahinopita – Greek Style Tahini Cake with Orange Blossom Glaze step by step
- To prepare tahini: In a pan, over low heat, toast sesame seeds until fragrant and very lightly colored (not brown), 3 to 5 minutes..
- In a food processor, process sesame seeds and olive oil into a paste, scraping down the sides. Add more olive oil until you reach the desired consistency. This makes nearly 3/4 cup tahini paste..
- To prepare cake: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line a 9" baking pan with parchment paper..
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, all spice powder, salt) in a medium bowl..
- Place the tahini in a large mixing bowl, add orange juice, sugar and orange blossom water and whisk until smooth (at least one minute)..
- Add in the dry ingredients in thirds, and fold to incorporate..
- Then add the apple cider vinegar and stir quickly to incorporate (this reacts with the baking soda and puts air into the cake)..
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top..
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean..
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan..
- For the orange blossom glaze, combine all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth..
- Spoon the glaze over the cooled cakes. Slice and serve..