Turkish rice pudding. Turkish rice pudding Sutlaç is one of the most popular Milky Turkish desserts served in Turkish restaurants. There is a similar dessert called Umm Ali in. Rice pudding is a great dessert, but Turkish Rice Pudding (Sütlaç) is the best!
After cooking the Turkish Rice Pudding, pour it into individual ovenproof bowls. Arrange the bowls on the oven tray and place on the middle rack. Ingredients For Turkish Baked Rice Pudding. You can cook Turkish rice pudding using 8 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkish rice pudding
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Rice.
- You need 4 1/4 cup+ 2tbsp of Milk.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Melted Butter.
- You need 3/4 cup+2 tbsp of Sugar for sprinkling.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Cornstarch.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cinnamon powder for sprinkling.
- You need 4-5 Tbsp of Chopped pistachios.
The best thing I love about this recipe is the simplicity of it. In fact, this Turkish rice pudding can be also made without an oven at all. Pour about half of the pudding into the chilled, sugared pan, using an offset spatula to spread it evenly into the corners. Turkish rice pudding is very special because of its creamy texture and golden topping.
Turkish rice pudding instructions
- In a small bowl add 4Tbsp of milk along with 1Tbsp melted butter..
- Whisk milk and butter mixture thoroughly and keep aside to be used later..
- Wash rice 3-4 times or until water runs clear of the starch..
- In a deep heavy bottom pan or kadai add washed rice with enough water to cover it by about 1/2 inch..
- Bring it to a boil and reduce the heat. Let the rice simmer gently until the rice is soft, about 5-10 minutes..
- Stir in between.Time may vary to cook rice. So keep checking in between for the doneness of rice..
- In another pan add 4 cup milk,milk butter mixture, vanilla essence,sugar and bring to boil..
- In meantime mix 1/4 cup milk and 3Tbsp cornstarch in a small bowl..
- Now add boiled milk to cooked rice. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it boil very gently for about 10 minutes..
- Using a whisk again mix together the milk and the cornstarch until smooth..
- While stirring, gradually add this mixture into the rice..
- Simmer uncovered on a low heat and stiring frequently for about 10-15 mts..
- When the pudding thickens,remove from the heat and fill ramekins cups with the hot mixture.Let pudding cool to a room temperature..
- Preheat oven to 180*c for 10 minutes..
- Sprinkle lightly sugar over pudding and place in the oven under the broiler until the surface is lightly browned..
- Let the cups cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for 2-4 hours..
- Before serving sprinkle cinnamon powder and chopped pistachios..
Even though rice pudding is a world-renowned dessert, each country approaches it with its own style. Sutlac was the classic rice pudding from the Ottoman Palace kitchens.this recipe comes from my family and littel bit different from. Easily doable with very few ingredients. If you love light and creamy desserts, Turkish rice pudding recipe is it. Creamy and rich with a golden top, this baked rice pudding is also gluten-free.