Turkish rice pudding. Turkish rice pudding Sutlaç is one of the most popular Milky Turkish desserts served in Turkish restaurants. There is a similar dessert called Umm Ali in. Rice pudding is a great dessert, but Turkish Rice Pudding (Sütlaç) is the best!
After cooking the Turkish Rice Pudding, pour it into individual ovenproof bowls. Arrange the bowls on the oven tray and place on the middle rack. Ingredients For Turkish Baked Rice Pudding. You can have Turkish rice pudding using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkish rice pudding
- It’s 1/2 cup of short grain rice.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1.5 L of whole milk.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of cornflour as slurry.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1.5 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Optional topping.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 3 tbsp of pudding liquid.
The best thing I love about this recipe is the simplicity of it. In fact, this Turkish rice pudding can be also made without an oven at all. Pour about half of the pudding into the chilled, sugared pan, using an offset spatula to spread it evenly into the corners. Turkish rice pudding is very special because of its creamy texture and golden topping.
Turkish rice pudding instructions
- In a big pot, bring water to boil and add rice and a pinch of salt. Cook until nearly all the water is absorbed, 5-10 minutes..
- Add the milk, and bring to a light simmer. Constantly mixing, add the cornflour slurry slowly. Lightly simmer for 20 minutes whilst stirring so the mixture doesn’t burn on the bottom..
- Add the sugar and vanilla and lightly simmer pudding for a further 2 minutes while the oven heats up and the sugar dissolves. Preheat on the broiler to high heat. Feel free to add more sugar if it’s not sweet enough..
- Take pudding off the heat. Remove 3tbsp of the pudding liquid and slowly mix with the egg and set aside. Distribute the pudding evenly into glass ovenproof Tupperware or small ceramic baking dishes..
- With a spoon, float a small amount onto the surface of each pudding and use the back of the spoon to spread it around the surface without mixing into the pudding. This layer of egg will cook quickly under the grill and become nice and charred..
- Put the puddings under the broiler for 5-10 minutes, or until the top is is nice and charred. Chill pudding and eat once cold!.
Even though rice pudding is a world-renowned dessert, each country approaches it with its own style. Sutlac was the classic rice pudding from the Ottoman Palace kitchens.this recipe comes from my family and littel bit different from. Easily doable with very few ingredients. If you love light and creamy desserts, Turkish rice pudding recipe is it. Creamy and rich with a golden top, this baked rice pudding is also gluten-free.