Turkish/gozleme Feta-Spinach Flatbread.
You can cook Turkish/gozleme Feta-Spinach Flatbread using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkish/gozleme Feta-Spinach Flatbread
- Prepare For of dough :.
- Prepare 1cup of All purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of yoghurt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of warm water.
- It’s For of stuffing:-.
- You need 3 cups of chopped spinach/Frozen spinach.
- You need 1 of big onion finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup/8 oz of feta cheese/ any type of cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
Turkish/gozleme Feta-Spinach Flatbread instructions
- For dough:- Heat water and add active dry yeast & sugar to the water and mix well. Cover and keep for 10 minutes..
- In a bowl add the flour and salt and mix well. Add the yoghurt and yeast mixture to the bowl along with the olive oil and start mixing..
- Add more water if needed to make a very soft dough but not sticky..
- Divide the dough into equal parts and place it on a greased tray and cover and rise for 30 minutes..
- For stuffing:- Take spinach and squeeze all the extra water and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan add onion and let the onion cook a bit..
- Add the crushed pepper, chilli flakes, oregano and salt and let it cook for a couple of minutes..
- Add the prepared spinach to the pan and mix well to combine..
- Let the mixture cool down to room temperature and then add the crumbled feta cheese to the mixture. Mix well to evenly combine..
- Once the dough has risen take one piece of dough and place it on a well floured surface.
- Start rolling the dough to for on a large circle which is very thin..
- Fold two opposite sides of the dough towards the centre. Place stuffing in the centre of the dough..
- Allow fold the other two opposite sides over the filling towards the centre over lapping and seal the edges well.
- Heat a heavy skillet pan on medium high heat. Brush the prepared gozleme dough with olive oil and place it on the hot pan..
- Oiled side down cook on low to medium heat until golden brown and then flip the other side..
- To allow the gozleme to cook all the way through. Slice into 2 to 4 pieces and serve warm before flipping brush this side with oil as well cook on both side..