Whosayna’s Turkish Mutton Pie.
You can have Whosayna’s Turkish Mutton Pie using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whosayna’s Turkish Mutton Pie
- Prepare of Dough:.
- You need 2 – 1/2 cup of Maida (All Purpose Flour).
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Milk powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Yeast (instant).
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter/Margarine.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s of Filling:.
- It’s 1 kg of Mutton big pieces (Shank).
- It’s 2 of Capsicum.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- You need 1 of Zucchini.
- Prepare 3-4 of Red Chillies.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Garlic (pounded).
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- It’s 9-10 of Baby Tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of Blackpepper (pounded).
- It’s 1 tsp of Rosemary.
- Prepare 12 of Basil leaves.
Whosayna’s Turkish Mutton Pie step by step
- Dough: Mix ingredients well then bind with warm water to soft dough, keep in a big bowl and cover it, let it rise. Filling: In a bowl put mutton pieces, sprinkle salt, pepper, two to three tablespoon all purpose flour then toss well. Fry mutton pieces on nonstick pan in little oil to brown up, keep aside. Chop onion and cut capsicum lengthwise, zucchini and carrots in slant slices or any floral shape you desire..
- In pressure cooker put half of chopped carrots and capsicum, fried mutton pieces, salt, half of garlic, black pepper, six basil leaves, rosemary with enough water to cook the meat. When done open the lid and almost dry up the broth, leave a little for gravy. Put on flame the same pan you used to fry mutton, add oil if it has dried up, braise onion to pinkish brown colour add garlic and toss, add the rest of carrots, capsicum, red chillies, and zucchini toss well add blackpepper,.
- Chilli flakes and mutton pieces with it broth then put 6 baby tomatoes all over it, mix well and dry it up to perfect gravy. How to make the pie: Make four balls of the dough, roll all four and keep aside. Use back side of pizza tray, grease it. Keep one roti on it, now lay half of the mutton pieces on it with veggies and gravy tgen top up with six baby tomatoes all over it. Put water all round the edges of roti, keep four straws facing in line quatre way inside, then cover with the other roti.
- And seal all the way till the straws, apply beaten egg on top of the pie and sprinkle sesame and flax seeds. Now blow from the outside end of the straws to fill up air in the pie to give semicircle balloon shape. Remove the straws faster and seal that part also. Bake in oven on 200C till golden brown colour. Do same for the other pie.