Spicy Doner Kebabs.
You can have Spicy Doner Kebabs using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Doner Kebabs
- It’s 1 kg of chicken thighs or breasts (I prefer thighs).
- You need of Marinade:- 1 cup yogurt (Greek yogurt preferred) but it’s up to you.
- Prepare 1-2 tbs of garlic or 3-4 garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika but you can put 1 or 2 tbs of it if you like it spicy (like me!).
- Prepare 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam Masala (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbs of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil or your preferred oil.
- You need of For Serving:- Pita bread / wraps or your preferred bread to serve with the chicken.
- Prepare of Your choice of veggies to go in the wraps, I prefer red or green peppers, onions.
- It’s of Sriracha acha sauce to make it more spicy or Mayo.
Spicy Doner Kebabs step by step
- Cut the chicken into pieces so that they can be put on skewers or leave them whole and cut them after they are cooked.
- 1. Mix Marinade in a large bowl. Add chicken and mix to coat well. Marinade:- yogurt, all the spices, garlic, lemon juice and oil.
- 2. Cover and marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours to 24 hours. I prefer to do it for couple of hours. So I put the chicken in the marinade in the morning and use it in the eve for dinner.
- 3. Preheat oven to 220C / 430F (standard) or 200C / 390F (fan / convection).
- Remember to put skewers in warm water before using (I have no idea why! Lol).
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and thread the pieces onto the the skewers. Usually 10 skewers are enough for this amount of chicken.
- Bake for 35 minutes or till it’s cooked. I usually have to turn on the grill so that the surface is golden with some charred bits..
- Optional:- Spoon the pan juices over the chicken. Then turn, drizzle with oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Tahbouleh bunch of curly parsley 1/2 red onion and capsicum. a As I don’t eat tomatoes but my husband does. So I put a small tomato but you leave out the wet juicy seedy bit and try to just put meaty flesh in a separate bowl ). salt cracked pepper lemon juice (probably about a tablespoon) and olive oil (I used the chilli one last time, yum) you need to balance the oil and acid, don't put more oil than lemon juice!.
- Serve with pita bread or your choice of bread (parathans).