You can cook Turkish Menemen using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkish Menemen
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- You need 1/2 of onion or 1 shallot sliced.
- Prepare 1 knob of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of red pepper diced.
- It’s 6 of vine tomatoes diced (mine are small).
- It’s of (Optional depending on the sweetness of the tomato, 1 tsp of sugar).
- Prepare 1 of heaped tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of water (depending on how liquid the tomatoes are).
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil to serve.
- You need 1 bunch of flat leaved parsley chopped.
- It’s 100 grams of yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed salt.
- Prepare to taste of Lemon juice.
- It’s of Sea salt.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Soda bread or crusty bread.
- You need of Butter (optional).
- Prepare 2-4 of free range eggs depending on how hungry you are.
Turkish Menemen step by step
- Heat a small frying pan then throw in the oil, when it’s warm add the spices. (Fennel, cumin, mustard seeds and chilli flakes).
- Sauté them for a few minutes to allow them to release there aroma..
- Whilst it is sautéed chop up the tomato, pepper, onion, garlic & grate the ginger..
- Once the seed mixture has nicely heated through add the chopped up, ginger onion, garlic to the frying pan let them soften..
- Then add the tomato and pepper. Then water and tomato purée and give it a good stir..
- If your tomatoes are quite sour it’s time to add a tsp of sugar but make sure you taste it to see if it’s needed. Add salt and pepper..
- Whilst it is simmering, slice the bread and place in the toaster..
- When the sauce has thickened and all mixed together add the eggs. Leave to simmer on a low heat, it can help if you put on a lid if you have one..
- Whilst the eggs are cooking, make the sumac yogurt. Simply mix it together then chop up some parsley. Drizzle some olive oil over the egg mixture! It’s then ready to serve! Tuck in and enjoy 😊.