Turkish lentil soup. In this video we are going to show you how to make traditional very delicious turkish lentil soup! It's a very popular soup recipe in Turkey. Our trip to Istanbul this past autumn was hands-down one of the most delicious trips of my life.
Place the red lentils in a colandar and rinse. Sift through to remove and debris or damaged beans. Turkish Red Lentil Soup. by: ieatthepeach. You can have Turkish lentil soup using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkish lentil soup
- You need 1 cup of red lentil.
- It’s 1 of big onion chopped.
- You need 3-4 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic.
- You need 1 of medium potato cut in cubes.
- You need 1 of medium carrot cut in cubes.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- You need 2-3 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoon of dry mint leaves.
- You need 1 tablespoon of pepper powder.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
My parents traveled to Istanbul a few years ago, and couldn't stop talking about the lentil soup they had there. Turkish red lentil soup is undoubtedly one of the most frequently made soups in our house. More so in fall, when our palates demand foods more comforting and warming. Turkish red lentil soup or mercimek çorbası (meyr-ju-MEK' chor-BAH- su') is a popular hearty soup, especially during the winter months.
Turkish lentil soup instructions
- Wash red lentil and soak for 15 minutes..
- In a deep bottom vessel add olive oil. Add chopped onion and fry till they are translucent..
- Add chopped garlic and fry for few minutes..
- Add cut potato and carrot. Fry for few minutes..
- Add chopped tomatoes. Add little bit of salt. Cover and cook till the tomatoes are mushy..
- Add soaked lentil, chopped parsley and adequate amount of water. Cover and slow cook till lentil snd veggies are done..
- Blend it into a smooth mixture..
- Mix tomato paste, paprika and chilli flakes.mix it into the soup mixture along with crushed dry mint leaves and pepper powder. Add some butter and adjust the salt. Cook till it get the required consistency..
- Tasty traditional Turkish lentil soup is ready to serve.
It's also an important part of breaking the daily fast during the. The main ingredients of this delicious soup are red lentils, flour, butter, onion, carrot and potato. Children love the Turkish soup and it' s also vegan. Recipe for Turkish Red Lentil Soup made with red lentils (masoor dal) and veggies. Add garlic, chili, tomatoes, bell pepper, carrot, potato, some of the ground paprika, and lentils.