Turkish Pide (4 ways).
You can cook Turkish Pide (4 ways) using 21 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkish Pide (4 ways)
- It’s of For the Dough.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of instant dry yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of lukewarm water.
- You need of For the filling.
- You need 2 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 lb of (~500 grams) ground meat of your choice.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 2 tsp of crushed peppers.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need 1 of big onion.
- You need 2 of medium tomatoes.
- You need 1 of small bell pepper.
- Prepare of Chopped Coriander leaves (handful).
- Prepare of Sesame seeds.
- You need 1 cup of cheese.
- You need 1 of egg.
Turkish Pide (4 ways) instructions
- In a bowl mix the dough ingredients with oil and mix. Now add water and knead to form a dough..
- Knead well till it becomes soft and pliable. Once ready give a generous coating of oil to the dough and cover and keep it for an hour or two..
- Heat a wok and add vegetable oil to it. Next add in the meat and cook for a minute. Add salt, oregano, crushed pepper, garlic paste and tomato puree to it and stir to combine. Cover the wok and let it cook for 5 minutes on medium heat..
- In a blender add onion, tomato and bell pepper and blitz it to make a chunky paste..
- Add this paste to the wok and cook for 5 minutes covered..
- Divide your dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll out one of the pieces in an oval shape..
- Line your tray with parchment paper or brush a little oil on them and preheat your oven. 400°f/200°c for 20 minutes..
- Divide your filling into 4 portions. Add 1 part to the centre of the rolled out dough keeping in mind to leave 1 1/2 cm on all around clean. Press your filling a little with the help of a spatula on the dough..
- Now fold the sides to make a boat shape. Keep it on a baking pan..
- Break an egg and separate the yolk from the white. With the help of a brush, brush the folded edges of the pide with the egg yolk..
- Make the other 3 pide the same way..
- Once you have your pides ready on the baking tray, add coriander leaves on the meat of the first one, to the second one add grated cheese and on the third one add sesame seeds on the edge where you have brushed the egg yolk. Leave the fourth one blank for now..
- Bake the pides for 20-25 minutes. Once the pides are baked add egg white to the fourth one which we left blank and bake for another 2 minute..
- Cut the ready pide horizontally and serve..
- Please tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram if you make this!.